PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Candidates for soccer job

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby couch 'em » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:29 pm

How many times do I have to keep repeating this?

PROVEN D-I HEAD COACH ONLY!!!!
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Paladin » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:37 pm

I wonder which event will happen first, we get a men's soccer coach or Shellas gets his first MLS win ?
Paladin
All-American

Postby redpony » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:46 am

When FC Dallas gets beaten in an open tournament by a group of 'rag-tags- it doesn't look very good for their future progress.

I expect (and hope) we will have a 'fantastic' coach before FC Dallas can manage a meaningful victory.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangbill67 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:24 pm

FC Dallas is playing better under Schellas but he is missing a number of pieces to fit his system. The team is building its attack in the Schellas style and getting good offensive pressure. Unfortunately defense lapses have cost us dearly. No excuse for the first CO goal last night. Ellinger is in South America trying to sign two older national team quality players, one from Argentina and one from Brazil. That is assuming the Hunts will come up with the money. Of course, we may lose both Cooper and Toja to Europe.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DallasDiehard » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:47 pm

redpony wrote:When FC Dallas gets beaten in an open tournament by a group of 'rag-tags- it doesn't look very good for their future progress.

I expect (and hope) we will have a 'fantastic' coach before FC Dallas can manage a meaningful victory.

GO PONIES!!!
Take the old Detroit Pistons "Bad Boys" team and tell them to run the Los Angeles "Showtime" style. Or vice versa.

Doesn't matter. Certain players fit certain systems, and don't fit others. Coach Hyndman will enjoy great success with FC Dallas once he gets players who fit what he's doing.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Previous

Return to Other Sports