PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Knost leads at Nationwide Championship

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Knost leads at Nationwide Championship

Postby smu diamond m » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby indianmustang » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:21 am

at the end of the second round colt still leads the tourney
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:32 am

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Reigning U.S. Amateur champion Colt Knost shot a 3-under 69 on Saturday to take a one-shot lead at the Nationwide Tour's Price Cutter Charity Championship.

Knost, a former SMU standout, has held the lead after each round and is at 16-under 200. Three players are a stroke back, and 28 are within five shots of the lead.

"I know there's a lot on the line tomorrow," said Knost, who is No. 20 on the money list and could move to No. 3 if he can win for the second time in his rookie season. "I've just got to take it one shot at a time and go out and be aggressive."

Knost, who made six birdies and three bogeys in the third round, will try to join Patrick Sheehan (2002) as the only wire-to-wire winners in the tournament's 19-year history.
MrMustang1965

Postby mrydel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:12 pm

With the help of 2 consecutive eagles on 10 and 11 it looks like Colt will get his 2nd win on the Nationwide. He is 3 up with one to play.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby indianmustang » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:24 pm

he wins the tournament and moves to second position on nationwide tour money list.Top25 get playing rights on pgatour next year.
indianmustang

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Way to go, Colt!
MrMustang1965

Postby D » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:19 am

Looks like his PGA card is secure for 2009. Congrats.

http://www.pgatour.com/2008/tournaments ... index.html
D
Varsity

Postby FordtoTolbert » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:08 am

Obviously inspired by the Payne Stewart staue that sits at the entrance (Missouri Sports Hall of Fame) to the club. How fitting that Colt's march to the PGA Tour runs through Springfield.
FordtoTolbert
All-American

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:24 am

I cant seem to find any AP stories about this win? Weak.
Pony_Fan

Postby Rebel_Pony » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:22 pm

Nice to see Colt prove the naysayers wrong, who doubted his decision to turn pro and decline his Masters invitation. He's a player, no doubt about it. Anyone who fires a 62 in the final round to win going away has what it takes to make it as a wage-earner, and hopefully this is just a glimpse of things to come for Colt.
Rebel_Pony
Junior Varsity

Postby smu diamond m » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:38 pm

Not too shabby either, #3 on the money list now.
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Rebel_Pony wrote:Nice to see Colt prove the naysayers wrong, who doubted his decision to turn pro and decline his Masters invitation. He's a player, no doubt about it. Anyone who fires a 62 in the final round to win going away has what it takes to make it as a wage-earner, and hopefully this is just a glimpse of things to come for Colt.

He did not prove anyone wrong. He could have played in both the Open and the Masters and be right where he is today. It is my opinion and he had another one. I am very happy for him and look forward to seeing him on the PGA tour. But I still think he should have taken advantage of a once in a life time opportunity.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Rebel_Pony » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:04 pm

mrydel wrote:
Rebel_Pony wrote:Nice to see Colt prove the naysayers wrong, who doubted his decision to turn pro and decline his Masters invitation. He's a player, no doubt about it. Anyone who fires a 62 in the final round to win going away has what it takes to make it as a wage-earner, and hopefully this is just a glimpse of things to come for Colt.

He did not prove anyone wrong. He could have played in both the Open and the Masters and be right where he is today. It is my opinion and he had another one. I am very happy for him and look forward to seeing him on the PGA tour. But I still think he should have taken advantage of a once in a life time opportunity.

Where he is today = #2 on the money list, with over $250,000 earned and a ticket to the PGA Tour. Had he remained an amateur, in order to accept his Masters and U.S. Open invites, he would be in a much more uncertain position with regards to his career (Q-School, no thanks). I think he made the right decision, and can't wait to see him playing on the Big Tour next year. And while it is true that there is no guarantee he will have a chance to play the Masters or Open, I personally think there will be plenty of those to come for him down the road.
Rebel_Pony
Junior Varsity

Return to Other Sports