PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Steve Collins (SMU Womens Coach) Update from Olympics

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Steve Collins (SMU Womens Coach) Update from Olympics

Postby Water Pony » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:14 pm

Swimming - Aug. 10th

The Mustangs have done well so far - Sara Nordenstam was five seconds better than her best for 18th place - Flavia Rigamonti swam a strong 4:09 in the 400 and looks good for her main event the 800 Free - Lars Frolander swam in the finals in the 400 Free Relay for Sweden - Anja Carman set a National Record in the 100 Back - Petra Klosova - swam a few tenths off her best time - Martina Moravcova swam well but missed the semi final in the 100 fly. It is very different doing the finals in the morning and coming back at night for the next session of preliminary. The results have really not been affected so far as several world records have been set in the morning.

This morning I was fortunate to watch the Men's 400 Free Relay. It was one of the most exciting swims in history. It was great to see Mustang Lars Frolander swimming for Sweden. 5 Teams were faster than the World Record which was set the night before. The French and the US had an amazing battle and both teams broke the World Record by 4 seconds with the last swimmier from the US, Jason Lezak, passing the 100 Free World record holder in the final stroke. This was swimming at its finest.

Steve Collins
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Casey » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:49 pm

Great stuff, Coach!

Normally, I'm not a swimming fan, but that was the most amazing race I've seen in .... well, ever. Wish Lars had been on the winning team, but it was simply amazing. Glad you were able to be there - enjoy!
Once a Mustang, ALWAYS a Mustang!
Casey
All-American

Return to Other Sports