PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men's soccer vs. Old Dominion

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby gk00dad » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:18 pm

mustangbill67 wrote:From the box score, it looks like we played a 3-4-3 with the three iron men in the back, Cruz, Lopez and Mirsky. I assume with four midfielders, one of the center MF is an attacking MF and the other is a defending MF. As advertised, it looks like McClements is going with an attacking style of play. Should be fun to watch.

We signed 15 new freshman players. Only one started, Ryan Rosenbaum (F). In addition five other freshman played, Payton Hickey, Brian Farkas, Chad Vandergriffee, Arthur Ivo and Diogo de Almeida . Interestingly, although someone mentioned that Scott Geppert was going to red shirt this year to get healthy, he played in the game as a sub.

Scott didn't play. Joe Cooper is wearing his number. Just hasn't been changed on the roster yet.
gk00dad
Junior Varsity

Postby mustangbill67 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:11 pm

gk00dad wrote:
mustangbill67 wrote:From the box score, it looks like we played a 3-4-3 with the three iron men in the back, Cruz, Lopez and Mirsky. I assume with four midfielders, one of the center MF is an attacking MF and the other is a defending MF. As advertised, it looks like McClements is going with an attacking style of play. Should be fun to watch.

We signed 15 new freshman players. Only one started, Ryan Rosenbaum (F). In addition five other freshman played, Payton Hickey, Brian Farkas, Chad Vandergriffee, Arthur Ivo and Diogo de Almeida . Interestingly, although someone mentioned that Scott Geppert was going to red shirt this year to get healthy, he played in the game as a sub.

Scott didn't play. Joe Cooper is wearing his number. Just hasn't been changed on the roster yet.

So whose responsibility is it to insure that the official game travel roster is correct. I thought the NCAA had strict rules about this.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gk00dad » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:20 pm

I don't think the problem was with the travel roster. It looks like our website roster needs a little work. O.D.'s website and CBS gametracker had the information correct.
gk00dad
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Other Sports