PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Opens XC Season With Runner-Up Finish

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PonyPride » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:21 pm

Means, Forish Finish In Top 10

Aug. 29, 2008

WACO (SMU) - The SMU cross country team opened the season with a second-place finish at the Baylor Twilight Invitational on Friday night at the Baylor Intramural Fields. Running without 2007 Regional Runner of the Year Silje Fjortoft, SMU still managed two top-10 finishers - Samantha Means (9th/14:30.37) and Rachael Forish (10th/14:31.05).

The host Bears claimed the top six spots to finish first with 15 team points, while SMU finished second with 57 points. TCU took third with 85 points.

Other SMU finishers were:

12. Sierra Anderson 14:36.97
16. Claire Hardwick 14:45.84
27. Ilyssa Pettigrew 15:30.87
33. Kathleen Hoogland 15:44.25
38. Celeste Sullivan 15:57.99
59. Aasha Marietta 16:50.05

SMU runs again on Sept. 13th at the Aggie Invitational in College Station.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Ponymon » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:12 pm

So what happened to Silje?
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:15 pm

It's weird not to see the great Rachael Forish on the board. Probably one of the best runners to ever come through our program.
George S. Patton

Postby smu_runner » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:43 pm

Well if you had read correctly, Rachael got 10th place in that race. Plus, we are saving Silje for the Rice meet and other important meets. Mark my words, we will win Conference Championship just like 2004!
smu_runner

Postby George S. Patton » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:36 am

smu_runner wrote:Well if you had read correctly, Rachael got 10th place in that race. Plus, we are saving Silje for the Rice meet and other important meets. Mark my words, we will win Conference Championship just like 2004!

My bad. I just caught it. Thanks for pointing that out. I glanced but didn't see it. Thanks. But she is still is one of the greatest runners to come through our school.

Kick their butts this year.
George S. Patton

Postby smu_runner » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:40 am

You're good George S.Patton....Also, I 110% agree with you about Rachael. I call her the "Queen Bee" because she always set the example at practice and leads us to success. She has struggled through injuries for the longest(hip mainly), and it is great to have her running again. I also want to say thank you PonyPride for bring up our XC team. Its people like you who actually make me smile and feel acknowledged!
smu_runner

Postby George S. Patton » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:04 am

smu_runner wrote:You're good George S.Patton....Also, I 110% agree with you about Rachael. I call her the "Queen Bee" because she always set the example at practice and leads us to success. She has struggled through injuries for the longest(hip mainly), and it is great to have her running again. I also want to say thank you PonyPride for bring up our XC team. Its people like you who actually make me smile and feel acknowledged!

I watched Rachael kick tail when she was at Arlington Lamar. It seemed like she could adapt her style to however the course was designed. Her form made it seem effortless.

Great kid too. Sorry to hear about the hip. That is a byproduct of running. I recognize how little this sport is acknowledged. Athletes really have to want to do this. A lot of grind work involved, 60-70-80-mile weeks. But it pays off if you stay to your training.

Let's dominate CUSA!! Good luck to all.
George S. Patton

Return to Other Sports