PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Volleyball drops CUSA opener to Tulsa

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Volleyball drops CUSA opener to Tulsa

Postby George S. Patton » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:37 pm

http://smumustangs.cstv.com/sports/w-vo ... 08aaa.html

Would have loved to post that they won more.
George S. Patton

Postby Vitale » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:04 pm

Get over it. Without looking it up, you have no idea whether Tulsa is as good as Hawaii and Nebraska, or as bad as DeVry. Get off your fire-the-volleyball-coach kick. It's neither edgy nor creative nor amusing.
Vitale
All-American

Postby PoconoPony » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 pm

Tried to watch the game last evening on CSTV. No narrative, no status up dates, no scores.....etc. Rather lousy coverage. I must admit the team looks very mechanical, not terribly athletic and very predictable in their sets. Tulsa had plenty of time to set up a wall of blockers as many SMU sets were way too high ( frequently too wide ) totally telegraphing the play and limiting the alleys for the hitters. Result was an inordinate number of dink attempts and easy 3d hit return volleys back to Tulsa. Just an observation.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:12 pm

Vitale wrote:Get over it. Without looking it up, you have no idea whether Tulsa is as good as Hawaii and Nebraska, or as bad as DeVry. Get off your fire-the-volleyball-coach kick. It's neither edgy nor creative nor amusing.

Whatever, dude! :roll:

I post a game thread, and I just knew this was coming that some schmuck was going act like a dipstick thinking this was me building my case against the volleyball team and Lisa Siefert.

How old are you? 8?
George S. Patton

Postby smu diamond m » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:03 pm

Do we need to go bump the fire Siefert thread?
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:35 pm

That's up to you. If you do, balance it by posting all of the other threads or posts relating to the volleyball program where my support of its success is noted.

Just make sure you have the ENTIRE story and not a version of it.
George S. Patton

Postby abezontar » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:41 pm

George S. Patton wrote:That's up to you. If you do, balance it by posting all of the other threads or posts relating to the volleyball program where my support of its success is noted.

Just make sure you have the ENTIRE story and not a version of it.

Sorry, that's not the American way.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby The XtC » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:39 am

[quote="George S. Patton"][quote="Vitale"]Get over it. Without looking it up, you have no idea whether Tulsa is as good as Hawaii and Nebraska, or as bad as DeVry. Get off your fire-the-volleyball-coach kick. It's neither edgy nor creative nor amusing.[/quote]

Whatever, dude! :roll:

I post a game thread, and I just knew this was coming that some schmuck was going act like a dipstick thinking this was me building my case against the volleyball team and Lisa Siefert.

How old are you? 8?[/quote]

I'm 43, and I must admit that's what it sounded like to me.

As for the game, we killed ourselves with service errors. Everything else seemed close to equal, and every set was close, but in a game that close you cant give away 5 points every set on bad serves. It's too bad, this was a winnable game.
Try not to choke on the Kool-Aid.
The XtC
Heisman

Postby George S. Patton » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:07 am

Well, I wish them luck in Denver. IMO, the key in volleyball is making sure that your serve-receive game is solid and that your setter is getting the ball to the right spots on the front line.

And yes, I've watched a lot of volleyball in my time. I'm just glad we are years removed from the side out business and well into the rally scoring system. Makes it a better game.
George S. Patton

Postby PonyTales » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Congratulations on reading your Volleyball 101 textbook, but your tirade remains tiresome.
PonyTales
Heisman

Return to Other Sports