PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WTennis Coach Lauren Meisner Selected To ITA Committee

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WTennis Coach Lauren Meisner Selected To ITA Committee

Postby ER9TC4 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:59 am

Dallas (SMU)-SMU women's tennis Head Coach Lauren Meisner was recently selected by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association to serve a three-year term on the Southwest Regional Committee. This prestigious honor is bestowed upon coaches who will help in the decision process for rankings of individual regional singles and doubles, as well as aid in the selection of postseason All-Americans and decide which athletes from the Southwest Region get to travel to the NCAA tournament.

This will be Meisner's first time serving on the committee. She is in her third season at the helm of the SMU women's tennis program, and since taking over in 2006 as the youngest head coach in NCAA Division I women's tennis, Meisner has made significant headway.

Last season, under her hard work and dedication, SMU women's tennis flourished while two doubles teams reached national ranking and two singles players finished in the top 30 of the Southwest Region; three athletes collected All Conference-USA team honors, including Newcomer of the Year; one athlete earned C-USA Scholar-Athlete of the Year; the team accomplished a 3.4 grade point average, which recorded as the highest team GPA in SMU athletics.

"It is a great honor to serve on this committee and I look forward to representing SMU in a region that has many exceptional programs such as Baylor, Texas, LSU, Texas A&M, and other reputable programs," said Meisner. "I have great respect for my fellow coaches on this committee and am privileged to have this opportunity."
ER9TC4
Junior Varsity

Return to Other Sports