PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's soccer wins everywhere but on the scoreboard

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Women's soccer wins everywhere but on the scoreboard

Postby Dubbya » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:08 pm

Went to the women's soccer game last night, and let me tell you, that didn't look anything like the team that was out there at the end of August. At the beginning of the year, you could see that this player might be fast, or that player might have a strong shot, but last night, they played like a team. No, not everyone was perfect, and we lost to a very good Colorado College team, but that CC team wasn't that good last night. Our Mustangs whipped them up and down the field all night long. Their first goal was good, ours was great, and they got the winner on a soft, bad goal at the end to walk out with a win, but we looked SO MUCH better than at the beginning of the year. Can't wait to see them play tomorrow afternoon (2 p.m., right?)
BEAT THE HELL OUT OF UTEP!
Dubbya
Junior Varsity

Postby FragileBill » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:19 pm

I think last night showed that this team can play with anyone in the conference, as they looked superior to Colorado College who I believe was picked third in the pre-season coach's poll. Sometimes the toughest thing for a young team to learn is how to win. This team is knocking on the door and on the verge of stringing some conference wins together.
FragileBill

Postby PonyPride » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:50 am

Agreed.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Oldkeeper » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:13 pm

Just seems that weneed to find some sort of offense. Shepard is playing well but no help up front.
I know my rights, man.
Oldkeeper
Scout Team

Postby Pony4Life » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:48 pm

Shepherd was brilliant today, but so were Logan May, Devon Herman, and a few others. Jennifer Rad was awesome. Kim Peabody was fantastic. That freshman in goal - Webb - was great (although the UTEP goalkeeper made more saves).
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby giacfsp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:09 pm

Watching Logan May and Lauren Sheperd and the rest, I never would have thought it was UTEP that came in with the better record. SMU had the upper hand for the vast majority of the game. Terrific performance.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:51 am

The keeper was silly good yesterday. We could have lost that game.
John Rodgers
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dement-ed » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:55 am

Both goalkeepers were excellent. We could have lost, but we also could have won by four or five, as we had more legitimate scoring chances.[/b]
HOORAY, BEER!
Dement-ed
All-American

Return to Other Sports