PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU 3 Marshall 2

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU 3 Marshall 2

Postby newmustangfan » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:22 pm

Another nice win on the road!
newmustangfan
Scout Team

Postby PonyPride » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:13 am

SMU Women's Soccer Wins Second Straight C-USA Road Game
Freshman Dylan Jordan scores game winner at Marshall

Oct. 10, 2008

HUNTINGTON, W.V. (SMU) - The SMU women's soccer team jumped out to a 3-0 lead and then withstood a furious rally to hang on for a 3-2 victory over Marshall in Huntington, W.V., Friday night.

The victory improved the Mustangs' record to 5-7-1 overall, and 3-2 in Conference USA games. The win also was the team's second consecutive conference victory away from home, and its third victory in the last four games.

Sophomore forward Sarah Benchaita got the Mustangs on the scoreboard first, just before halftime, when she collected a pass from freshman midfielder Kaitlyn Eidson and buried a shot in the top of the net over Marshall goalkeeper Liz Orton in the 42nd minute.

That one-goal advantage held up for more than 30 minutes in the second half, but the game ended with four goals in the last 11 minutes.

Junior defender Kim Peabody scored her first goal of the season when she fired a shot out of the scrum of players after a corner kick to give the Mustangs a 2-0 lead in the 80th minute. Then, in the 83rd minute, freshman midfielder Dylan Jordan scored what proved to be the game-winner when she beat Orton inside the right post for her second goal of the year, and her second goal in the Mustangs' last three games.

Marshall scored a pair of goals in the last five minutes of the game, but freshman SMU goalkeeper Courtney Webb held her ground to pick up her third win of the season.

The Mustangs return to action Sunday afternoon in Greenville, S.C., when they take on East Carolina at 12 p.m., before returning home to host Memphis at 7 p.m. Friday night and UAB Sunday afternoon at Westcott Field.

For ticket information and a complete schedule, log on to SMUMustangs.com or call 214-SMU-GAME.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mathman » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:24 am

Good job ladies!!
When will I start feeling stimulated??
mathman
Heisman

Postby ThadFilms » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:20 am

How did I miss this. Sigh. I guess it doth suck to not be in the same town as my beloved SMU. And especially my lady 'Stang soccer team.

The best part of working for the football team was hanging out with the women's soccer team.... long story short, I was way down the todem pole, and the women's soccer team practiced at the same time as the football team.
Eric Dickerson in Pony Excess

"I've love winning man, it's like better than losing." - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh
ThadFilms

Postby that's great raplh » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:30 am

:twisted:

muffie benson perella

169 black horseshoes - Green Party Activist - I am the Greetest!

Now selling Hope at a price slightly higher than free...
that's great raplh

Return to Other Sports