PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What a depressing SMU weekend

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

What a depressing SMU weekend

Postby mustangbill67 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:09 pm

Let's see. The women lose twice and look bad in doing so. The men lose 1-0 to Marshall one of the weakest Conf USA teams. And of course, there is the football team. Why do I even care.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: What a depressing SMU weekend

Postby redpony » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:00 pm

mustangbill67 wrote:Let's see. The women lose twice and look bad in doing so. The men lose 1-0 to Marshall one of the weakest Conf USA teams. And of course, there is the football team. Why do I even care.

mb67- you care because you, like many of the rest of us on this board have a passion and love for our alma mater. Many of us strongly desire that our athletic teams return to the days of glory where we can hold our heads high and be proud of their accomplishments. IMHO SMU has been a leader and champion in many different sports venues in the past. Unfortunately, for many reasons those times have changed. Only through aggressive leadership and strong alumni support can we push the university to 'weed out the weaklings' and strive to reach the standards that we once experienced. Hence my 'testy' attitude toward failure in any of our sports programs.

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:04 pm

I'm just glad that soocer is not my favorite, I would be on suicide alert.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby ktownponyfan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:40 pm

it is spelled soccer.............and which sport is your favorite??? can't be football as i believe both futbol teams have faired better than the football team has in recent years.
ktownponyfan

Postby MustangLaxer » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:32 pm

uhhh swim, golf or tennis
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:54 am

The past has been great but right now I think it is spelled suckor.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Ikus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:45 am

The weekend was rough, but I feel for them all. The football team had the game won, and but for a third-down conversion that would have given us a new set of downs with no UH timeouts left, we would have won. The women's team didn't play well Friday night, but was vastly improved Sunday against UAB ... can't believe that one slipped away. The men's soccer team kicked the crap out of Marshall last night, and couldn't punch it in - it was like one of those nights when a basketball team gets a lot of good looks and the shots just aren't falling. We hit the goalpost three times and the crossbar another time - very easily could have been 4-1 SMU.

We make up for it this week: football wins at Navy, men's soccer sweeps UAB and UCF, women's soccer sweeps UCF and Southern Miss!
Ikus
Heisman

Postby August » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:13 pm

ktownponyfan wrote:it is spelled soccer.............and which sport is your favorite??? can't be football as i believe both futbol teams have faired better than the football team has in recent years.

Easy now...it's a slippery slope when you start correcting spelling errors/typos on a BB. And for the record, the word you should have used is 'fared' but we all knew what you meant. :P

The girls did play better on Sunday but we seem to struggle when playing 4-3-3.
August
Junior Varsity

Postby MustangLaxer » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:16 pm

own3d
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Postby that's great raplh » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:12 am

drink

muffie benson perella

169 black horseshoes - Green Party Activist - I am the Greetest!

Now selling Hope at a price slightly higher than free...
that's great raplh

Postby MustangLaxer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:44 am

pledge
MustangLaxer
Heisman

Return to Other Sports