PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

All or nothing for the volleyball team

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

All or nothing for the volleyball team

Postby George S. Patton » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:41 am

At 12-13 and 4-7 in CUSA, they have a huge weekend coming up against Houston and Rice. These are the last home games. Then they finish on the road with their last 3.

So if they want to improve their tournament seeding and take some momentum into the tournament, now is the time. They really don't have any other choice.

A strong finish may save Siefert. If they struggle at the end, she may not survive. Not my call but I think Orsini may have to look at this and decide exactly what he wants out of this program and if he believes he has the right leader for it.

Some of you may not like reading this and believe my agenda has returned. But that's the reality, folks.

Regardless, I wish the Mustangs the best of luck.
George S. Patton

Re: All or nothing for the volleyball team

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:03 am

George S. Patton wrote:So if they want to improve their tournament seeding and take some momentum into the tournament, now is the time. They really don't have any other choice.
So you're saying that winning these two at home would be better than winning the three on the road? Good thinking. They do have "another choice." Ideally, they win all five. If that doesn't happen, they win as many as possible. Whether they win at home vs. winning on the road doesn't matter.

George S. Patton wrote:A strong finish may save Siefert. If they struggle at the end, she may not survive. Not my call ...
Wait ... REALLY? You mean you're not consulted on all personnel moves?

George S. Patton wrote: ... but I think Orsini may have to look at this and decide exactly what he wants out of this program and if he believes he has the right leader for it.
Uh ... doesn't every AD in the country do that for every team, every year?

George S. Patton wrote:Some of you may not like reading this and believe my agenda has returned. But that's the reality, folks.
Reality, your agenda - call it what you will.

George S. Patton wrote:Regardless, I wish the Mustangs the best of luck.
Yeah - clearly.

So I'll see you at both matches this weekend, right? Cheering loudly and supporting our team?

Should I save you a seat?
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:57 pm

Someone promised Top 25 in all we do.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby smu diamond m » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:05 pm

I still don't really understand your personal vendetta against Seifert, but I agree somewhat. See you at the games, PFC Pattycake?
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:20 am

Got the much needed win over Houston Friday. Beat Rice today!
George S. Patton

Postby George S. Patton » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:39 am

Lost to Rice in 4. Now 13-14, 5-8 going on the road.
George S. Patton

Postby ALUMNI ATHLETE 06 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:32 pm

While I appreciate all of you that are interested in this team... I feel the need to point something out that has very obviously been left out. The team that you are criticizing is extremely young. Coach has been starting 4 FRESHMAN in arguably the most important positions on the court - setter, libero, outside and right side. Not to mention that the other outside is a sophomore. IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO ATTEND A GAME THIS SEASON you would be extremely impressed with the composure of this young team. They have an extremely bright future and the recruiting that coach has done over the last 3 years is paying huge dividends. The class that is coming in next year will complement the unbelievable experience that this years freshman have gotten and you will see the rise of SMU volleyball in the near future. For those of you that are calling for an end of Seiferts career- make no mistake that this group that SHE HAS PULLED TOGETHER has the very real capability of making waves on the national scene as they mature.

And please, lets keep in mind that when great recruits come to games and fan attendance is meager at best- it is hard for any coach to get those kids to sign. Do you part and attend. If you want to criticize, make sure you do more than just read an article about the score.... have a little insight into the future of this program before you try to cut the heart out of it.

-From an athlete that 'gets it'.
ALUMNI ATHLETE 06

Postby George S. Patton » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:48 pm

ALUMNI ATHLETE 06 wrote:While I appreciate all of you that are interested in this team... I feel the need to point something out that has very obviously been left out. The team that you are criticizing is extremely young. Coach has been starting 4 FRESHMAN in arguably the most important positions on the court - setter, libero, outside and right side. Not to mention that the other outside is a sophomore. IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO ATTEND A GAME THIS SEASON you would be extremely impressed with the composure of this young team. They have an extremely bright future and the recruiting that coach has done over the last 3 years is paying huge dividends. The class that is coming in next year will complement the unbelievable experience that this years freshman have gotten and you will see the rise of SMU volleyball in the near future. For those of you that are calling for an end of Seiferts career- make no mistake that this group that SHE HAS PULLED TOGETHER has the very real capability of making waves on the national scene as they mature.

And please, lets keep in mind that when great recruits come to games and fan attendance is meager at best- it is hard for any coach to get those kids to sign. Do you part and attend. If you want to criticize, make sure you do more than just read an article about the score.... have a little insight into the future of this program before you try to cut the heart out of it.

-From an athlete that 'gets it'.

The question will be is whether Orsini will accept that or if he will make a change because he has to look at everything Siefert has done in her tenure here. Young team or not.
George S. Patton

Postby ALUMNI ATHLETE 06 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:26 pm

She has done exaclty what he asked of her when he got here... she has brought in new players that are changing this program.
ALUMNI ATHLETE 06

Postby George S. Patton » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:57 am

Over the weekend, the team lost at Tulane and UTEP. Record is now 13-16, 5-10. Finish the regular season at Tulsa.
George S. Patton

Postby George S. Patton » Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Four-game win at Tulsa (at least one of our teams can win there) concludes the regular season at 14-16 and 6-10 in CUSA play with the tournament on Thursday.
George S. Patton

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:41 am

LakeHighlandsPony wrote:Someone promised Top 25 in all we do.

Or that was just the BS that was being fed to me for jacking the parking price up 600%
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:15 am

LakeHighlandsPony wrote:
LakeHighlandsPony wrote:Someone promised Top 25 in all we do.

Or that was just the BS that was being fed to me for jacking the parking price up 600%

At least you are an equal category whiner.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:46 pm

I should have known I would get the Mrydel pimp slap.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:54 pm

At least they chose a televised game against Tulsa (on CBSCSTV) for the volleyball team to show its best abilities. They played very well and took a very experienced Tulsa team apart.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Next

Return to Other Sports