PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men's Swimming: # 21 Mustangs beat #15 Penn State

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Men's Swimming: # 21 Mustangs beat #15 Penn State

Postby Water Pony » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:39 pm

On Oct. 30th, the Men's team beat Nittany Lions 134.5 to 106.5. Great job.

BTW, SMU Junior Pontus Renholm beat defending NCAA 200 Backstroke Champion, Pat Schirk, PSU, twice in individual events and in a relay. Outstanding.
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Men's Swimming: # 21 Mustangs beat #15 Penn State

Postby mrydel » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:51 pm

Water Pony wrote:On Oct. 30th, the Men's team beat Nittany Lions 134.5 to 106.5. Great job.

BTW, SMU Junior Pontus Renholm beat defending NCAA 200 Backstroke Champion, Pat Schirk, PSU, twice in individual events and in a relay. Outstanding.

I guess it took this long for the absentee points to be counted. Thanks for the update. I do not feel right if the swim team is not in the top 5 nationally.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Re: Men's Swimming: # 21 Mustangs beat #15 Penn State

Postby Water Pony » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:06 pm

mrydel wrote:
Water Pony wrote:On Oct. 30th, the Men's team beat Nittany Lions 134.5 to 106.5. Great job.

I guess it took this long for the absentee points to be counted. Thanks for the update. I do not feel right if the swim team is not in the top 5 nationally.

I absolutely agree on the expectations for Swimming and Diving on the Hilltop. During my three varsity years (there was a Frosh team then), SMU finished 5th, 7th and 5th at the NCAA Championships.

However, in order to train, compete and recruit, we need to fund the new indoor aquatic facilitiy on the current site of Joe Perkins Natatorium. We are seeking a lead naming donor at $6M in order to start construction on the current site of Joe Perkins Natatorium. It isn't easy given our "new" economy.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Return to Other Sports