PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SI Survey of MLS

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SI Survey of MLS

Postby Water Pony » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:47 pm

Is this surprising that Dallas does not get a much love from the players?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer ... er-survey/

However, It appears the Pacific Northwest teams in Seattle and Portland are creating something special.
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SI Survey of MLS

Postby horsemanx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Wow. Surprised Schellas was at the top of the list of coaches players don't want to play for.

I understand the stadium atmosphere though. They asked for that when they put the thing in Oklahoma - and didn't even bother to shade the stands for a summer sport.
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:51 pm

The cotton bowl was fun when the burn was there. Bring it back!
smusic 00

Postby WildHorse » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:50 am

horsemanx wrote:Wow. Surprised Schellas was at the top of the list of coaches players don't want to play for.

I understand the stadium atmosphere though. They asked for that when they put the thing in Oklahoma - and didn't even bother to shade the stands for a summer sport.

That's the biggest thing. The summer heat in Dallas isn't matched anywhere else in the league, is it?
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby abezontar » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:53 am

WildHorse wrote:
horsemanx wrote:Wow. Surprised Schellas was at the top of the list of coaches players don't want to play for.

That's the biggest thing. The summer heat in Dallas isn't matched anywhere else in the league, is it?

Houston
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby WildHorse » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:05 am

My mistake. Houston is so forgettable. (I'm kidding, all of you Houston Mustangs! Just forgot about the Dynamo.)
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby Digetydog » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:13 pm

I am not an expert on soccer franchises, but Clark Hunt is considered one of the worst owners in the NFL. IN particular, the Chiefs under Hunt are considered a horrible place to work (and the results on the field were horrible BTW). If the soccer team is run the same way, ....

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/01/14/33 ... r-off.html
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Treadway21 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:44 pm

Schellas is a very tough coach to play for. He also got rid of a lot of players when he first came in.

Dallas has never gotten as much traction as it should. Having started as league owned, it got lower levels of attention when it was trying to get established and does not seem to have overcome over time.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Return to Other Sports