PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Groundbreaking announcement

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Groundbreaking announcement

Postby PonyPride » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:45 am

After years — make that decades — of rumors and speculation, SMU announced plans for a 42,000-square-foot aquatic center that is expected to open in 2017. PonyFans.com visited with SMU men's coach Eddie Sinnott, women's coach Steve Collins, as well as Mustangs past and present, to discuss the new facility and its impact on SMU swimming and diving.

To read this story, please check the link on our home page: http://www.PonyFans.com

Enjoy!

Webmasters
PonyFans.com

Reminder: Due to a change in PonyFans.com's relationship with our ad serving company, please access all PonyFans.com stories and videos via the home page, rather than copying the direct link to the message boards. Doing so allows the ads to benefit the site more, thereby allowing us to continue to operate this site at no charge to our readers.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Groundbreaking announcement

Postby pwnyxpress » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Thanks for the article. It said everything I wanted to hear.
pwnyxpress
All-American

Postby PoconoPony » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:33 pm

Thanks for a great write up. This is the long time dream for most of us who had the privilege of swimming for SMU and in particular Coach Barr and Coach McMillion. Coach Mac has been the glue for this dream for years by maintaining his incredible list and contacts with most of the male swimmers who ever swam for CB and Coach Mac. We got so close to that dream circa. 2002 only to have the stock market plunge resulting in the reduction of pledges that would have put us over the top. We kept the dream going with Coach Mac leading the charge and just about saw the dream again come true in 2009 when the market again caused us fall short. Since that time the dream was still there, but frustration and lack of a lead donor kept the project from happening. Yes, Coach Mac has been in regular contact with the AD and his staff to ensure the dream did not die. Kudos to President Turner, our AD/staff and in particular our donors who stepped up to make a dream reality. Now the culmination of the dream and the heart felt expression of thanks to those donors who made this possible from a legion of Pony swim fans, guys and gals.

I very much regret missing this wonderful ground breaking event; however, my retirement hobby is coaching both a girl's and boy's high school swim team with our district championships the past two days. Regrettably, I will not be able to see and enjoy a large number of my former team mates who will be attending from through out the US; however, I am there in spirit and look forward to seeing our outstanding swimming tradition continued in a venue of the highest order. Go Ponies.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Junior » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Congrats. Great news!
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby Ikus » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:54 am

Terrific news. Thanks.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby Digetydog » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:34 am

1) Because reading comprehension isn't what it once was, I apologize if I missed this: when will it be completed?

2) When does (or did) swimming announce its 2016 recruits?
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mtrout » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:14 am

Early 2017 I read.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby Water Pony » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:19 pm

Likely to be open for the Fall Term of 2017
Pony Up
Water Pony

Re: Pictures of New SMU Aquatic Center

Postby Stallion » Thu May 12, 2016 8:05 pm

"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Return to Other Sports