PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Our Pro golfers

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Our Pro golfers

Postby digman52 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:05 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Gotta be Ryder Cup bound

What a great win for Bryson ! Showed his toughness when it got down to a 2 shot lead, and then he birdies again. He and Finau probably got their Ryder Cup spots with those rounds this weekend.

Not sure I would pick Phil and Tiger, even though they are playing pretty well right now.
digman52
Junior Varsity

Postby max the wonder dog » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:20 am

Wonder if the TV folks will be putting the squeeze on form Phil and Tiger?
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Will be really interesting to see what happens. Taking or not taking Tiger and Phil is the proverbial two edge sword. How much does experience matter in that competition? Pick them and you lose, you were wrong. Don't pick them and lose, you were wrong. Just need to take back the Cup and all will be well.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby buckwheat » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:04 pm

Tiger and Phil are in no question. With the big win yesterday Bryson will be in.
Now for the 4th and final pick will be interesting. Kuchar, Kisner, Finau, Schauffele?
Most likely Furyk will go with a guy with experience, that means Kuchar or Kisner. Will be fun!
buckwheat
Junior Varsity

Postby mustangxc » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:15 pm

I really don't understand why everyone is so bullish on Tiger and Phil. They have been mediocre at best in Ryder Cup play. I would consider Bryson and Tony Finau locks and probably make Tiger and Phil my final additions but not ahead of the young phenoms. I really think Bryson and Tony are going to be the it players of mens golf for years to come.
mustangxc

Postby oilpony » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:12 pm

oilpony
All-American

Our Pro golfers

Postby Treadway21 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:07 pm

From an Article on The Score App. Interesting comments from Tiger in DeChambeau and the Ryder Cup.

https://www.thescore.com/pga/news/1592111

With captain's selections due in a week for the upcoming Ryder Cup, Bryson DeChambeau's win at The Northern Trust makes him a near lock to be picked by Jim Furyk.

Vice captain Tiger Woods - who is also considered a guaranteed selection - believes DeChambeau would be a welcome addition by everyone on the American team.

"I think he would be a great Ryder Cup partner for anyone," Woods said after his final round at The Northern Trust. "The guy is fiery, as I said earlier he's competitive and we want guys like that."

With the Ryder Cup being played in Paris at the end of September, Tiger is confident DeChambeau can handle the hostile European crowd.

"We are going overseas, we are going into a pretty hostile environment, so we want guys who are fiery," Woods added. "He's a tough kid, he's been through a lot in his life and he's worked hard to get to where he's at.

Woods and DeChambeau have spent plenty of time together this season, becoming regular practice round playing partners, a connection the 42-year-old cannot explain.

"I don't know," Tiger answered while laughing after being asked how he and Bryson ended up playing together so much. "It's kind of one of the weird ones, it kind of just happened, it kind of just evolved."

With DeChambeau claiming his second win this season at The Northern Trust and Tiger in the midst of a remarkable comeback season, seeing a Tiger-Bryson pairing at the Ryder Cup is becoming a strong possibility.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby buckwheat » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:51 am

Only 4 golfers have won an NCAA Championship, US AM, and at least 3 PGA Tour events before turning 25.

Bryson
Tiger
Jack
Phil
buckwheat
Junior Varsity

Postby mrydel » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:51 pm

Bryson is teamed with Dustin Johnson and Justin Thomas Friday and Saturday this week. 1, 2, and 3 in the FedEx Cup standings. Should be a fun grouping to watch.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:03 pm

Bryson with a nice one under opening round is in good position again this week in Boston whereas Kelly at plus 5 appears to be out of this tourney early.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:30 pm

Kelly with a 2 under 69 today but appears he will miss the cut by one shot, depending on how the afternoon guys finish. Lots of guys going low today so Bryson will need to play well. Off to a tough start at plus one today after 3 holes.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Bryson playing with his new buddy Tiger Woods in tomorrow's 3rd round; both guys currently 4 under
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Bryson obviously enjoyed playing with Tiger. His 8 under round today has him right up there with the leaders and good position to win again this week.
Charleston Pony

Postby oilpony » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Bryson goes out in -4 under.
oilpony
All-American

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:09 pm

Bryson is becoming big time
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel