PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jordan Cano Signs Homegrown Contract with FC Dallas

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jordan Cano Signs Homegrown Contract with FC Dallas

Postby PonyPride » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:59 am

From SMUMustangs.com:

Cano Signs Homegrown Contract with FC Dallas

FRISCO, Texas (FC Dallas/SMU) — FC Dallas has signed defender Jordan Cano to a Homegrown contract, becoming the 21st Homegrown player and 23rd Academy product signed by the club.

"It's so very exciting," Cano told FCDallas.com. "I was 15 when I first came to this club and just saw how professional it was and just growing up throughout the youth system and just meeting some of the really good people and being close to home, close to my family, I played here for four years, gave it everything I had and just being able to go to the next level with this club means everything."

During his four-year career with the Mustangs, Cano saw action in 75 games with 74 starts. After leading the Mustang backline to a 15-2-1 record en route to the 2017 AAC conference title and the second NCAA tournament appearance during his tenure, Cano was named the 2017 American Athletic Conference Defender of the Year. He was named first-team all-conference in 2017, after receiving second-team nods in 2015 and 2016. The standout defender was named to the American Athletic Conference All-Rookie team in 2014.

Cano joined the FC Dallas Academy in 2011 and was captain of the U-18 Academy team that made the U.S. Soccer Development Academy National Semifinals in 2014. He also was a member of the U.S. U-17 National Team.

Cano is just the latest Mustang to make the move to MLS. Last season, Jacob Speed was selected 78th overall by FC Dallas in the MLS SuperDraft, and in 2013, T.J. Nelson was selected 64th overall by FC Dallas in the MLS Supplemental Draft.

Also via FC Dallas: Dallas Through and Through, Jordan Cano Getting the Opportunity of a Lifetime with FC Dallas
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports