PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Katie Enloe Memorial Service

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PonyPride » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:12 am

From SMUMustangs.com:

DALLAS -- A memorial service honoring the life of Katie Enloe will be held Friday, July 6, 2018, at Park Cities Baptist Church in Dallas at 10 a.m. The family will also host a visitation at the Sparkman/Hillcrest Funeral Home from 4-7 p.m. on Thursday, July 5.

Katie was diagnosed in January with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML). She appeared to be doing well after initial treatments, as doctors lined up a bone marrow donor and began preparation for a transplant later this year. But the disease progressed rapidly, spreading to her brain and spinal cord. Katie passed away early Tuesday, July 3.

"My girls, my family are devastated right now," her husband, Jason, wrote, "but (I) believe in the good Lord,that he will provide us all with peace and happiness in the future. I sincerely have appreciated the notes, phone calls and generous gestures during the last six months. God has a plan, and we must trust in him that Katie is in Heaven and will guide all of us as we continue our journey on Earth."

"As today is the saddest day of my life, it also could be considered the happiest. I now know she is in the hands of God and will suffer from her disease no more. She is in heaven with God, her Uncle James, her Grandmother she loved dearly, and many others who preceded her. While us earthly-beings are crying, the angels are rejoicing as they got a good one in my sweet Katie. She was my rock, the mother of my two beautiful girls, an amazing sister, and a great daughter."

The Enloe family has been blessed with support from family, friends and the golf community. PGA Tour players competing at last week's Quicken Loans National wore orange ribbons in support of Katie Enloe.

The memorial service will take place at the Park Cities Baptist Church, located at 3933 Northwest Pkwy, Dallas, Texas 75225. The service is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. The visitation will be held at Sparkman/Hillcrest Funeral Home, located at 7405 W Northwest Hwy, Dallas, Texas 75225. The visitation will be held from 4-7 p.m.

The family has asked that those who "knew and loved Katie" consider becoming a bone marrow donor in her honor through the organization Be The Match. More information can be found at bethematch.org.

Katie is survived by her husband, Jason, and her two daughters, Emma and Maddie.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Katie Enloe Memorial Service

Postby Pony Up » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:40 pm

:(
Sorry for your loss, Coach
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up