PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ben Stoddard Named Men’s Soccer Associate Head Coach

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PonyPride » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:44 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Stoddard Spent Two Years as Associate Head Coach at Oregon State

DALLAS (SMU) – SMU Men's Soccer has added Ben Stoddard as Associate Head Coach for the 2018 season, head coach Kevin Hudson announced Friday.

"I couldn't be more excited to join the SMU Men's Soccer family," said Stoddard. "This program has a rich tradition of success and Coach Hudson has only enhanced that since taking over. SMU Men's Soccer has done an excellent job of developing young men as well as soccer players and I'm thankful I get to play a role in that."

Stoddard comes to the Hilltop from Oregon State, where he was the associate head coach for two seasons. During Stoddard's tenure, the Beavers reached their highest ranking in program history at No. 6 in the nation. He also served as interim head coach prior to the hiring of Terry Boss in December 2017.

As Associate Head Coach, Stoddard helped develop 10 All-Pac-12 selections and 6 All-Region players. Six of his former players signed professionally during his time in the position, and he assisted in bringing in back-to-back nationally-ranked recruiting classes.

Prior to his promotion to associate head coach, Stoddard held the position of first assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Oregon State in 2015 and assistant coach in 2014.

Under Stoddard's leadership in 2014, the Beavers won 12 matches, won their first NCAA Tournament match and completed one of the best seasons in program history. Stoddard helped develop a 2014 Hermann Trophy Semifinalist and Pac-12 Player of the Year and two NSCAA All-Americans selections as the first assistant.

Prior to joining the Beavers, Stoddard assisted at his alma mater, Indiana Wesleyan University, from 2012-2013. He played for Gardner-Webb University (NCAA Division I) before transferring to IWU in 2009. As a player, Stoddard received All-Conference and Academic All-American honors.

"I would like to thank Coach Hudson, Susan, and the rest of the SMU Men's Soccer staff and committee for this opportunity and their confidence in me," said Stoddard. "The SMU community has made my wife and I feel welcomed and we look forward to our future in Dallas!"

The Mustangs open the season at home on Aug. 24 against Providence as part of the SMU Tournament.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports