PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Intramural and club sports need more support

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby ponyjim » Thu Mar 30, 2000 4:47 pm

SMU is ranked among the best universities in the nation for the quality of its intramural and club sports programs. Such quality certainly doesn't derive from the amount of support these teams receive at their home games (or complete lack of support thereof!)
I think our intramural and club sports need much more support! From what I can see, players on some of these club teams are beginning to lose their interest in being involved. Anyone agree with me?
Go Ponies!
ponyjim
Scout Team

Re: Intramural and club sports need more support

Postby Rayburn » Fri Apr 07, 2000 7:34 pm

By support do you mean fan support from students and grads or monetary support by the university?

As a former SMU Rugger, I joined the Rugby Club because I loved the sport. It was always nice to have people out cheering for us but, essentially, I played for the pure joy of the game and I'm sure other club sport participants and intramuralists feel the same way.

as for money? Yes, by all means, more monney should go into these things, but I'd prefer to see more monetary support for SMU's AD sports first.
Rayburn
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyjim » Mon May 01, 2000 10:41 pm

anyone else have an opinion?

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponyjim
Scout Team

Postby Junior » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:09 pm

no
Derail the Frogs!
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Peruna88 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:56 pm

ponyjim wrote:anyone else have an opinion?

------------------
Go Ponies!

I do, but you won't like it, so I'll keep it to myself.
Peruna88
All-American

Postby Treadway21 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Rayburn wrote:By support do you mean fan support from students and grads or monetary support by the university?

As a former SMU Rugger, I joined the Rugby Club because I loved the sport. It was always nice to have people out cheering for us but, essentially, I played for the pure joy of the game and I'm sure other club sport participants and intramuralists feel the same way.

as for money? Yes, by all means, more monney should go into these things, but I'd prefer to see more monetary support for SMU's AD sports first.

When did you play rugby ? I played after I got done with soccer and graduated in 87.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports