PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Swimming Board

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Swimming Board

Postby Water Pony » Thu May 17, 2001 2:43 pm

Quick note to those who support Swimming & Diving at SMU. We have a great tradition, a team who finished high in the NCAA's (12th) this year, and promise for continued success.

As a former SMU Swimmer ('68), looking for former members of this great program. I swam for Coaches Red Barr and Mac (my freshman coach) in sixties. Would be nice to accelerate the construction of a new, Long Course Pool, 50 meters, etc. We can be consistent Top Ten Team for Men and Women
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Swimming Board

Postby MustangMan » Tue May 29, 2001 11:04 am

Your right, Water Pony. SMU has a great swimming tradition, and there's no reason we shouldn't be top 10 in men and women. With the recruiting we've done lately, especially Coach Collins (women's team), we should challenge for a national championship -- and soon.
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Re: Swimming Board

Postby Water Pony » Tue May 29, 2001 12:53 pm

Thanks Mustang Man on your reply to the Swimming Board. I agree that Non-revenue sports are a source of great pride and success for SMU. On a personal note, my son enrolls at SMU this fall as a Freshman. He is not a swimmer, but will play Lacrosse, which is a Club Sport.

Thanks again for the post,
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports