PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Men's Crew

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU Men's Crew

Postby PK » Sat Jun 02, 2001 7:52 pm

There is a neat little web site for SMU Men's Crew, <A HREF="http://www.smu.edu/~crew/" TARGET=_blank>www.smu.edu/~crew/</A> . The intro is pretty cool if your computer is wired for sound. Rowing is an interesting sport to watch (or participate in if you are so inclined). Since this is a club sport, they could use your support...if not at least your attendance at their races this next fall.

Go Mustangs!!!!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU Men's Crew

Postby PK » Wed Jun 27, 2001 4:31 pm

OK, i'm cheating here...just thought I would do something to update the date shown for the last post in hopes of generating some interest in the subject. If you haven't checked out the web site noted above, you ought to give it a try. Have a nice day.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby SMUPonyFan » Wed Jun 27, 2001 4:34 pm

That is a great site. I love the intro. It is very professional. Are they planning on making crew a varsity sport?

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby PK » Fri Jul 06, 2001 5:43 pm

Crew is a varsity sport for the women ( <A HREF="http://www.smumustangs.com/rowing/" TARGET=_blank>www.smumustangs.com/rowing/</A> ), but because of Title IX, I seriously doubt that men's crew will become anything more than a club sport. All the same, they will be representing SMU when competing against other schools and would appreciate some support from fellow students and alumni.

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 07-06-2001).]
PK

Return to Other Sports