PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mustangs in the MLS Draft

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Mustangs in the MLS Draft

Postby PonyGirl » Thu Dec 13, 2001 9:06 pm

How many guys from this year's great team will get drafted?

My guess is that Carl Bussey, Byron Foss and Mohamed Fahim all will get picked. Outside shot for Bret Corbin.

Is Ryan Kenyon coming back next year? He was supposed to be a senior this year and missed the season with a broken foot. Did he redshirt, or is he graduating?
PonyGirl
Varsity

Re: Mustangs in the MLS Draft

Postby Dirty Bird » Fri Dec 14, 2001 8:35 pm

Don't forget Luchi!

I think he'll certainly land somewhere as well. A creative scorer is always appreciated.

I'm in agreement with your other calls, too.
Dirty Bird
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyGirl » Sun Dec 16, 2001 5:58 pm

Didn't mean to overlook the great Luchi G. Of COURSE he'll get drafted. Too bad his hometown team, the Miami Fusion, looks like it will disappear (along with the Tampa Bay Mutiny) in MLS's proposed contraction. Guess we'll have to keep him here in Dallas, playing for the Burn (with Paul Broome)!
PonyGirl
Varsity

Postby SMUcane » Sun Jan 06, 2002 5:40 pm

kenyon did redshirt, luch is in spain with racing de ferrol, byron in germany with hannover, bussey is still weighing options, and no way corbin gets drafted
SMUcane

Postby PonyGirl » Sun Jan 06, 2002 9:44 pm

SMUcane - always nice to have another soccer freak on the board, and it sounds like you qualify.

What options is Carl weighing? I thought he had decided to go to MLS. Are there teams overseas that are trying to get him?

And Ryan K. did redshirt? Has he already decided to come back, or is he just going to graduate and move on?
PonyGirl
Varsity

Postby PonyGirl » Sun Jan 06, 2002 9:45 pm

And my prediction for 2002: SMU produces back-to-back Hermann Trophy winners. Start engraving Diego Walsh's name on it now.
PonyGirl
Varsity

Return to Other Sports