PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men's golf ends season in NCAA quarterfinal

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Men's golf ends season in NCAA quarterfinal

Postby PonyPride » Wed May 29, 2019 12:35 am

From SMUMustangs.com:

Mustangs Exciting Run Ends In NCAA Quarterfinal

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (SMU) – The SMU men's golf team's exciting run ended in the NCAA Championship Quarterfinals with a 4-1 loss to the No. 1 seed Oklahoma State at the Blessings Golf Club on Tuesday.

"These kids gave me everything, all year, especially this last month. I've said it a million times, I have the best team in America," said head coach Jason Enloe. "Whether they're the national champions on the course or not, there was no group of kids who were better."

Sophomore Mac Meissner, who had the sole point for SMU, led the entire match. He opened with a birdie on the first hole and closed competition with a 3 and 2 victory.

Sophomore Noah Goodwin, who was paired with individual champion Matt Wolff, had an exciting first nine holes with the pair being tied on holes 3-5. Ultimately, Goodwin fell to Wolff 2 and 1.

Freshman Ollie Osborne gave the Cowboys a run for their money when he birdied No. 8 to tie up the score 2-2-1. Osborne, who was paired with Hayden Wood, fell on the 17th hole 2 and 1, for Oklahoma's third point to win the match.

This was the first time the Mustangs made match play since 2014 when they fell 3-2 to that year's champion Alabama.

Results:
Viktor Hovland (OSU) def. Ben Wong (SMU) 5&4
Matthew Wolff (OSU) def. Noah Goodwin (SMU) 2&1
Hayden Wood (OSU) def. Ollie Osborne (SMU) 2&1
Austin Eckroat (OSU) def. Jackson Markham (SMU) 2&1
Mac Meissner (SMU) def. Zach Bauchou (OSU) 3&2
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports