PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

You think COLLEGE sports get crazy?

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

You think COLLEGE sports get crazy?

Postby HorsePower » Tue May 28, 2002 6:36 pm

From ESPN.com:

Wisconsin parent trying to halt state meet
Associated Press

STEVENS POINT, Wis. -- A Wisconsin high school 800-meter relay team was disqualified from a sectional meet victory after one of the runners wore a sports bra that violated state association rules.

``I think this is the silliest thing I've ever heard,'' said Jeannie Tauchman, the mother of two of the runners. ``It never occurred to me in my wildest dreams that this could be an issue.''

The Stevens Point team of Jackie Kropp, Molly Sprouse and Emma and Kara Tauchman won the race at the sectional meet Thursday in Ashwaubenon by nine seconds. But a meet official disqualified them because one of the runners' sports bras was white with one-quarter-inch black trim on the straps.

WIAA rules stipulate a visible sports bra must be one solid color, either black, gray or white.

The girls' parents said they will ask a judge to halt the state track meet this weekend unless their disqualified daughters are allowed to participate.

WIAA executive director Doug Chickering said because the team's coach did not appeal the ruling within 30 minutes of the decision, the avenues for overturning it were closed.

------------------------------------------------------

They have GOT to be kidding. Clearly there's too much really bad beer up there.
HorsePower
Heisman

Re: You think COLLEGE sports get crazy?

Postby PK » Tue May 28, 2002 8:10 pm

Must be one of those zero (brain) tolerance things!
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports