PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Playoff game Wednesday

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Playoff game Wednesday

Postby PonyGirl » Tue Nov 26, 2002 5:40 pm

The SMU men's soccer team will host Florida International at 7 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 27, in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Should the Mustangs win and Boston College lose its second-round match, we'll host the third round Sunday, Dec. 1. But Boston College is really good, so this might well be the last home game of the year.

ALL PonyFans need to come out to Westcott Field Wednesday to support the Ponies!
PonyGirl
Varsity

Re: Playoff game Wednesday

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:24 am

that FIU bunch will be tough. they lost 3 close contests to UCLA, St Johns and S.Carolina, all of which are strong programs. Let's hope our guys can put together a streak and host the final four, but they better not take anything for granted!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Playoff game Wednesday

Postby PonyGirl » Fri Nov 29, 2002 2:21 pm

Great game Wednesday by the Ponies! (We beat FIU, 3-1.) THe crowd was much better than I thought it would be, too.

Diego Walsh was getting hammered out there, but I guess he's used to that - one of the perks to being the best player in the country.

Duke Hashimoto played his best game of the year - his first goal was good, his second was sensational.

Kevin Hudson's goal was the best of the year for SMU. I haven't seen a shot like that in years.

Go Ponies ! Beat Boston College!
PonyGirl
Varsity

Return to Other Sports