PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Friends of SMU Lacrosse

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Friends of SMU Lacrosse

Postby Water Pony » Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:37 pm

The LAX is off to a strong start with three victories against Rice, Baylor and an over-time win at Texas Tech. Over 20+ players made the trip. Last year, road games often had 12. The program is still emerging and is a great chance of adding a "varsity like" Club program that actually attracts attention on campus. Great spectator sport too. Question? I am supportive of creating a "Friends of SMU Lacrosse" to promote the development of this game at SMU beyond the early success this year on the field. The students would benefit from a support group and funds to compete consistently against Texas and A&M, plus nationally in the USLIA. Anyone up for it? Go Ponies! Comments?

------------------
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Friends of SMU Lacrosse

Postby Boston Pony » Mon Feb 03, 2003 9:02 pm

Great idea... I give some money each year to Don & the boys but an organized system is what is needed. To compete as a 'varsity like' program, money is needed for travel to powerhouses like Michigan, Arizona and others. Let us know if you get something going...As a Lax Alum, I would love to help.
Boston Pony
Varsity

Postby Juice » Tue Feb 04, 2003 2:57 am

It is great to hear that there is support for the lacrosse team.

We always appreciate donations, but I think the most important gift any fan could give would be to attend games.

Right now, we have an extremely young team, and we all play simply for the love of the game. Our money situation is tight, but manageable. More fans make the games more exciting and would fuel us for years to come.

Check out:
<A HREF="http://www.sportsltd.net/lacrosse/Schedule.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.sportsltd.net/lacrosse/Schedule.htm</A>
for our schedule.

John
Juice
Scout Team

Postby Juice » Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:10 am

P.S.

On Sat., Feb. 15th and Sun., Feb 16th, we have two home games. The Sat. game is at 1 p.m. and the Sun. game is at noon.

This is our "Lacrosse Parents Weekend" and we hope to have a lot of fans out.
Juice
Scout Team

Postby Water Pony » Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:56 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try to make several games but I am from the Midwest. First, I am glad the SMU Lacrosse web-site is being updated, but the link you listed didn't work. It would be great if the site had photos and results, as well as a means for "Friends of SMU Lacrosse" to help. Perhaps a SMU LAX T Shirt offer with a donation of $50-100. The Fastest Game on Two Feet. A place for High School Players to express interest would be nice and encourage recruiting. Good luck on the next two games and the balance of the season. Talk it up on campus as well.
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports