PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's Soccer Signings

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Women's Soccer Signings

Postby FloridaMustang » Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:32 pm

Don't know if anyone noticed, but we signed for outstanding women's soccer players yesterday.

<A HREF="http://www.smumustangs.com/news/02-03/030211socw.asp" TARGET=_blank>http://www.smumustangs.com/news/02-03/030211socw.asp</A>
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Re: Women's Soccer Signings

Postby ClassOf81 » Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:45 pm

Watson and Pembroke will be crucial, with the graduation of Diana Kelm and if the rumors about Sasha Andrews' possible departure turn out to be true.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby FloridaMustang » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:52 pm

Agreed...and O'Rear gives us something to look forward to as well...she's a real prize.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby PX » Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:41 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by UNFMustang06:
<B>Agreed...and O'Rear gives us something to look forward to as well...she's a real prize.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're all quality players, but O'Rear is the jewel in that class. I'm amazed that they were still willing to sign here when we dont have a coach yet.
PX
Varsity

Postby Pony Up » Sun Feb 16, 2003 8:56 pm

"but O'Rear is the jewel in that class ..."

Based on what? Have you seen her (or any of them) play? What are her/their strengths?

Thanks for your input (since I've never heard of any of them, obviously)
Proud to be a PonyFan
Pony Up
All-American

Postby PX » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:39 pm

Yes, I've seen all but one of them play. O'Rear is a scoring machine. Look at the other schools that offered her scholarships, and add up the number of national championships and final four appearances those schools have had. She was being sought by the major powerhouses. Very fast, and excellent offensive skills.

The one that I havent seen is Christina Collins little sister. I'm taking it on faith that she will be as good as CC, but I cant really say.
PX
Varsity

Return to Other Sports