PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU backs out of 2004 College Cup

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU backs out of 2004 College Cup

Postby PonyGirl » Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:43 pm

This is TERRIBLE. What a slap in the face to Schellas Hyndman and the soccer programs.
PonyGirl
Varsity

Re: SMU backs out of 2004 College Cup

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:24 pm

I'm sure it was partly Schellas' decision. The field was pathetic because of all the games we let high school and even pee wee teams play after the season ended. Perhaps we do need an artifical surface...but I think that should only be an issue taken up after we start winning football games.

Here's a link to the DMN article:
<A HREF="http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/colleges/smu/stories/022803dnsposmusoccer.7fc07.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/colleges/smu/stories/022803dnsposmusoccer.7fc07.html</A>
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby WildHorse » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:02 pm

I agree - we should only be talking about the fake stuff when we're talking about bowl bids and stadium expansion and conference re-alignment. I love the Mustang football team, but I can't believe a team that has won as many games as the soccer team over the years is getting its sport's top event taken away so we can host peewee football. Something is wrong with that picture.

(And I'm not sure, but I think that's the same article that's linked on the home page.)
Go PONIES!
WildHorse
All-American

Postby The CPC » Sat Mar 01, 2003 2:21 am

I dont know why you say that, UNF, to me it sounds like Schellas is seriously pissed. The whole thing screams of incompetence, we cant be trusted to handle an event of this caliber properly, so its being taken away. Its a black eye, and there's no other way to look at it.
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Return to Other Sports