PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

3 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

3 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!

Postby FloridaMustang » Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:05 am

CONGRATS to the Women's and Men's Swimming and Diving teams for capturing the WAC and NIC championships, respectivelly, as well as the Men's Indoor Track & Field Team for also winning the WAC crown.

Sometimes we forget how strong of an athletic program we have here at SMU. We win more than we think Image
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Re: 3 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!

Postby Water Pony » Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:11 pm

Congradulations to all these teams. On to the Nationals for the Swimmers and the Track & Field stars.
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PX » Sun Mar 02, 2003 1:51 pm

The most impressive thing to me was that the Indoor track title doesnt include some of the throwing events that have historically been our biggest strengths. If we can win the indoor title, we should be prohibitive favorites for the outdoor title.
Congratulations to Kevin Garrett, a big contributor to our point total with his performance in the shorter dashes. Hopefully he'll still be able to take time out from his NFL auditions to compete in the outdoor meets.
PX
Varsity

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:21 pm

I would also like to add my congratulations! GO MUSTANGS!

------------------
"Winning ain't everything...but it's a lot more fun than the alternative!" S.M.U. SPIRIT: IT STARTS NOW!
MrMustang1965
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports