PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU grads in the pros

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU grads in the pros

Postby ClassOf81 » Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:00 pm

I watched the Columbus Crew/Dallas Burn game the other night, and an argument could be made that the two best players on the field were Diego Walsh and Tom Presthus, both graduates of SMU. The game ended in a scoreless tie, but only because Presthus made several solid saves, including one unbelievable save during stoppage time. And although he didn't score, Walsh set up numerous scoring chances for his teammates. His technical skill that was so dominant in college seems to have translated well to the professional level. He's still getting adjusted to his new team, I assume, but he was very creative and wove his way through the Dallas defense on several occasions. He also played better defense than I remember, although that's in part because at SMU, he was an offensive playmaker whose defensive responsibilities were limited.

A great showing by a pair of great Mustangs.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Return to Other Sports