PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Adria or O? Who should start?

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Adria or O? Who should start?

Postby AdriaFan3 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:29 am

I know Adria has been having some rough games (the last couple)and Olivia is finally stepping up. Who do you think should start? I think Adria will get her game back this weekend. I'll be there with my sign for Adria..again.
~Go Adria & the Lady Mustangs Soccer~
AdriaFan3

Re: Adria or O? Who should start?

Postby Roach » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:51 pm

Personally, I'd like to see both start - they're both pretty impressive, especially when you consider they're both freshmen. The question is, where do you play them? Kim Harvey stays in the game -- that's a no-brainer. So then you have three other forwards -- O'Rear, Campbell and Lauren Mussallem -- and only two spots. So unless Coach Cossaboon switches to a 4-forward lineup, which ain't happening, you have to drop one of the forwards from the lineup, or to an outside midfield position. My vote is to bump Mussalem back to MF, because she has the speed and endurance to make those long runs all day. She and O'Rear are faster than Campbell, but Campbell is extremely aggressive - she has a scorer's mentality.

So you leave Kim Harvey in the middle to control the ball in heavy traffic and to get shots from every angle, and surround her with O'Rear on the left (to offset Mussallem's speed on the right) and let Campbell go nuts and annoy the hell out of opposing defenses. Could be a pretty potent lineup.
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Postby AdriaFan3 » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:33 pm

I agree. Lo and O are faster than A. But I think O should move back instead of Lo. Then again, since they are so fast they would both make good flank players. Last game in the 2nd half I noticed A subbed in for Mac...I didn't like what I saw there.
AdriaFan3

Postby ClassOf81 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:35 am

What didn't you like?
I thought it worked out fairly well. There were some adjustments that needed to be made, but I didn't see major problems. What did you see?
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby AdriaFan3 » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:28 pm

I just don't think Adria should be a mid. She kept floating too high to a forward posistion. that's all.
AdriaFan3

Return to Other Sports