PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Schellas goes for 400!!!

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Schellas goes for 400!!!

Postby DallasDiehard » Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:55 am

I liked Coach Van Linder, and the players he brought in, but from what I understand, Coach Cossaboon (who has countless contacts with the Texas club team coaches, and also on the west coast) will blow Coach Van Linder away in terms of recruiting. He has several outstanding players leaning heavily toward SMU, players who will choose SMU over A&M, UT, etc. It will be hard to ever match UNC on the recruiting front -- the history of that program is unmatched in any sport, and the UNC coach used to work with the National Team coach, so players who have intentions of playing for the World Cup look at UNC first. But after the Heels, SMU can - and will - compete with every other school for top recruits. The sense I get is that we're just seeing the top of the iceberg in terms of Coach Coss's recruiting prowess.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Re: Schellas goes for 400!!!

Postby Prof X » Tue Oct 14, 2003 10:04 am

Originally posted by FloridaMustang:
I hope you're correct. Hopefully Cossaboon turns out to be a better recruiter than even Van Linder. I want some U-19 players. Why can't we compete with Texas (who we've beaten twice in the NCAA tourney), A&M, and even schools like UNC. Olivia O'Rear was in the U-19 pool, but I think we can do even better. So far, Cossaboon has proven himself and exceeded every expectations. Hopefully all the ladies stay healthy and make a run for the Sweet 16 this year :)
Why in the world do you say we cant compete with Texas? The soccer ladies are something like 10-0-1 all time against the Longhorns. They've never lost to the Horns. They're the ones who havent proven they can compete with us.
You are all sheep.
Prof X
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Other Sports