PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

It sure is depressing right now

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

It sure is depressing right now

Postby braginator » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:21 pm

Wow!!! As a freshman I could cheer for a SMU soccer team competing for the national championship, which often let me forget about our sorry football team, but now even that is a distant memory. I never thought that I would have to start following women's volleyball or soccer in order to cheer for a championship caliber team at SMU, but it seems as if that time has come. :thumbdown:

<small>[ 10-19-2003, 04:22 PM: Message edited by: braginator ]</small>
braginator
Junior Varsity

Re: It sure is depressing right now

Postby Roach » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:24 pm

Why not take the opposite approach?

Football isn't yet where we want it, and men's soccer is suffering through one of two seasons in 20 (dwell on THAT for a minute) in which we might not make the NCAA tournament (unless, of course, the boys switch fields and win the MVC Tournament.) Yet even in this down year for those two programs, we have a women's soccer team that is rockin' along and should cruise into the NCAAs, and a volleyball team that suddenly has launched itself into the upper stratosphere. The head coach at Hawaii, of all people, said SMU's volleyball team is on a par with some of the top programs IN THE NATION.

It's programs like this that simply reinforce my pride in being a Mustang!
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Re: It sure is depressing right now

Postby Cheesesteak » Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:54 pm

Roach, I share your general optimism about SMU athletics. SMU's olympic sports teams are usually winners year after year.

Go ponies.
Cheesesteak
All-American

Return to Other Sports