PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kim Harvey story

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kim Harvey story

Postby ClassOf81 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:49 pm

Way to go PF.com! That new story you have on your home page about Kim is great. She never gets the pub she deserves - maybe it's that selfless attitude you describe there. But she's been a scoring machine for SMU all year. I confess, when she came to SMU, I kind of thought she was just "Sarah's little sister", but she's become a true star.

Great story about a great player.
ClassOf81
Heisman

Re: Kim Harvey story

Postby Hoss » Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:00 pm

I've only seen her once, when SMU came up here and beat Tulsa a couple of weeks ago, but she was amazing. I think she only had 5 or 6 shots, and scored all 3 goals. From what I've seen, she should easily be WAC Player of the Year. Nice job with the story - well deserved.
Hoss
All-American

Postby AdriaFan3 » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:37 pm

awesome article! i really enjoyed it. adria told me she was gonna be in an article...so i guess i knew about this before it was even out. kim and her dad think if the WUSA reopens that she'll be in it.
~Go Adria & the Lady Mustangs Soccer~
AdriaFan3

Postby PonyGirl » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:12 pm

Actually, I heard she's planning to take the LSAT and wants to go to law school, whether or not the league re-starts. Hope not - I'd love to see her keep playing. She's fantastic.
PonyGirl
Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:25 am

Adria is really starting to assert herself as a goal scorer. Like Coss said, he thinks she can replace Harvey. I'm getting really excited by her and Olivia O'Rear.

Go Stangs!
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyTales » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:42 am

You're right, Florida - the two freshmen are becoming really good, really fast. They're going to be a great 1-2 punch for the next three years, and I don't think either would be as effective without the other there to cause a balance problem for defenses. Kim talked in your article about how much she benefits from having speed players (O'Rear, Mussallem) around her - Campbell will enjoy the same benefits playing with O'Rear.

Great article on Kim. I hope the WUSA somehow survives, and that she gets a chance to play. She's been a really special player.
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby MustangSally » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:27 am

Is it just me, or is Olivia O'rear like the hottest soccer player you have ever seen. And she can play well? I think I have found my future wife! (j/k in case her parents read this or something)
From high on the hilltop, in Big D...
MustangSally
Varsity

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:32 am

I'd imagine the WUSA is too important to the entire international soccer community to stay down for long.

MustangSally- have you seen Olivia in person? I've seen her roster picture, but that's it :)
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby The CPC » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:06 pm

Originally posted by MustangSally:
Is it just me, or is Olivia O'rear like the hottest soccer player you have ever seen. And she can play well? I think I have found my future wife! (j/k in case her parents read this or something)
Sorry Sally but your perspective is obviously limited by your youth.To find the loveliest ladies to ever don the Mustang uniform we must reach back into antiquity, to the Final Four team of 1995. There you would be enthralled by the truly bewtiching Miss Melissa Kittner. Number one, hands down, there can be no argument. CPC will not try to describe her, because mere words could never do justice to this vision of female physical perfection. You will just have to dig up some old photos and see for yourself. Kitt may actually be Melissa Presthus now, when last seen she was engaged to Tom Presthus, another former Mustang who plays goalie for DC United and occassionally the US national team.
Coming in at a solid #2 would have to be the lovely and talented Renee Zygmuntowicz, another member of the 95 team, but a few years younger than Kitt. Amy Rogers was on that team as well........... oh you should have seen that crew turn heads as they walked through an airport on the way to a road game......... It was almost criminal to have that much talent all in one place...... those were the days.........
You'll have to excuse CPC for a few minutes, while he goes to take a cold shower and regain his composure. This has begun to overload his memory banks.
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby The CPC » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:15 pm

Yes, well...... now that CPC has recomposed himself, we can continue. Olivia is certainly lovely, and could concievably squeeze into the top 5 all time list, but CPC must warn you the competition is fierce. We certainly couldnt leave out Diana Kelm (because if we did she'd beat the stuffing out of us, Di is a mean one), or a long list of others such as Laura Snyder and Kara Lee.
CPC admires your initiative for making a foray into this arena, Sally, but be warned that its dangerous ground you are treading. Perhaps best left to the professionals, nest ce pas?

Now that the subject has been broached, though, perhaps its time to begin this years Miss Mustang contest. Always a fan favorite. There is no shortage of strong candidates, as last years defending champion returns and there are strong new contenders in the soccer and swim categories. If CPC's loyal fans wish, perhaps we can get a poll going. Write back and give CPC your thoughts.
Some will tell you that a glass is half empty, and others that the same glass is half full. But all CPC really wants to know is...... does the drink taste good?
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby PK » Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:50 pm

CPC, you are such a chauvanist pig...please, tell us more! :thumbupcool:
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTales » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:03 pm

Originally posted by The CPC:
To find the loveliest ladies to ever don the Mustang uniform we must reach back into antiquity, to the Final Four team of 1995. There you would be enthralled by the truly bewtiching Miss Melissa Kittner. Number one, hands down, there can be no argument. CPC will not try to describe her, because mere words could never do justice to this vision of female physical perfection. You will just have to dig up some old photos and see for yourself. Kitt may actually be Melissa Presthus now, when last seen she was engaged to Tom Presthus, another former Mustang who plays goalie for DC United and occassionally the US national team.
Coming in at a solid #2 would have to be the lovely and talented Renee Zygmuntowicz, another member of the 95 team, but a few years younger than Kitt. Amy Rogers was on that team as well....
Before The CPC "C's his PC," there are a few details to clear up. Melissa Kittner is married to Tom Presthus - who was traded a few years back from DC United to the Columbus Crew, which is where the pair now lives.

Renee Zygmuntewicz (who, incidentally, sits alone at the top of any such list - but kudos to you, you were close on her last name) actually was a year or two ahead of Kittner in school. She also is married.

As is EMILY Rogers.

<small>[ 10-24-2003, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: PonyTales ]</small>
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby The CPC » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:57 pm

BAH! Details, details.... CPC cant be expected to remember puny details when these visions and memories of rapture are clouding his brain! and besides that, he still thinks he spelled Ziggy's last name right.... this will require some research.
The CPC
Junior Varsity

Postby AdriaFan3 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:13 pm

"Laura Snyder"

haha..should i tell coach laura?? i bet she'd be flattered. well.. i'll see her in the morning at our game.
~Go Adria & the Lady Mustangs Soccer~
AdriaFan3

Postby PonyPower » Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:50 am

Depends. Does she know who "The CPC" is? Then she'd be more flattered, knowing who it is.... right?
PonyPower
All-American

Next

Return to Other Sports