PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Poll on SMU

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Poll on SMU

Postby AdriaFan3 » Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:49 pm

Since the program began in 1986, vote for your choice as the best women's soccer player in SMU history.

Lisa Cole
Danielle Garrett
Kim Harvey
Kim Kyle
Kara Lee
Courtney Linex

The choice is obvious... no one on this list is as accomplised as Fotop. No one else has a WWC ring. No one has even been affiliated with the pro's besides her.
~Go Adria & the Lady Mustangs Soccer~
AdriaFan3

Re: Poll on SMU

Postby PonyFan » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:09 am

Well, that last part isn't true. Marci Miller has played in WUSA for a few years, and several others have been drafted, earned tryouts, etc., but haven't stuck.

As for your poll, there's no doubt about it - Kara Lee. Fotop eventually became the most productive of the bunch, but in terms of overall play, Kara was the best I've ever seen at SMU. Fotop was a powerful scorer; Kara also was a very good passer and very underrated as a defensive forward - there were countless times she hassled a defender into coughing up the ball, and then buried the loose ball for a goal.

Those six, in order, would rank this way in my mind:
1. Kara Lee
2. Danielle Garrett
3. Kim Harvey
4. Lisa Cole
5. Courtney Linex
6. Kim Kyle (the former GK? With all due respect, how did she get on the list? At least two SMU keepers -- Erin Poole and Collin Crowley -- were vastly superior.)
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby AdriaFan3 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:16 am

"Well, that last part isn't true. Marci Miller has played in WUSA for a few years, and several others have been drafted, earned tryouts, etc., but haven't stuck."

I'm talking about the ones on the poll
AdriaFan3

Postby AdriaFan3 » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:17 am

I know for sure others tried out because Laura Snyder has and she talks to me about SMU and the WUSA all the time.
AdriaFan3

Postby PonyFan » Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:11 am

Originally posted by AdriaFan3:
"Well, that last part isn't true. Marci Miller has played in WUSA for a few years, and several others have been drafted, earned tryouts, etc., but haven't stuck."

I'm talking about the ones on the poll
My mistake! Mis-read your original post.

For what it's worth, Kara Lee also played professionally in Japan for a couple of years, I think.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Return to Other Sports