PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

This can NOT be allowed to happen

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

This can NOT be allowed to happen

Postby PonyTales » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:06 am

Did everyone see the DMN story (Thursday's edition) that says Schellas Hyndman is in discussions with the Dallas Burn? He has more wins than any coach in any sport in the history of SMU, and he has the ability to bring National Team-caliber players - and perhaps a national championship - to SMU. We have got to figure out a way to keep him!
PonyTales
Heisman

Re: This can NOT be allowed to happen

Postby PonyFan » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:29 am

That would be devastating if SMU lost Coach Hyndman. As far as I'm concerned, he's the best there is, anywhere in the country. He's put in 20 years or so on the Hilltop and deserves the chance to coach in the pros, if he wants, but I would think that given the financial situation of MLS, there's more long-term stability at SMU. Either way, I'll remain a fan of his -- I just hope it's at SMU.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby bubba pony » Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:17 am

to the coach, if you go to the pros you'll get fired after a few years just like the current coach. look at the boston red sox coach, goes to the playoffs and gets fired. you won't please the fans for long. stay with SMU which offers job stability
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby FloridaMustang » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:41 pm

Didn't Schellas just get a raise last year?
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby DallasDiehard » Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:40 am

He certainly deserves the chance - he's had an amazing run. But it will be a dark day for SMU when he does leave, whether it's now or 100 years from now. He's a truly great coach.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Return to Other Sports