PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

HUGE weekend

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

HUGE weekend

Postby MustangFan » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:31 am

Everyone needs to come out to Westcott Field Friday night and Sunday afternoon. The men's soccer team hit a bad stretch recently, and they were sort of on life-support, as far as the NCAA tournament goes. But they won at Vanderbilt last weekend and then at Western Kentucky - the offense woke up with five goals against WKU.

The guys play conference rivals Creighton at 7:30 Friday and Drake at 1 p.m. Sunday. These are two real good teams, and SMU needs a pair of wins very badly. Hope EVERYONE will put those Halloween parties on hold for a few hours to come out and support the Ponies.
MustangFan
All-American

Re: HUGE weekend

Postby Pony4Life » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:38 pm

Creighton, in particular, will be a great game for everyone who thinks soccer is a non-contact sport. There's no love lost between SMU and Creighton, which mistakenly views itself as something of a college soccer heavyweight. I hope they think SMU is done, because the Ponies are anything but done. To be honest, SMU has had more bad luck this year than any team I've ever seen, but it sounds like they've turned the corner at just the right time. MustangFan is right - we all need to be there Friday and Sunday to support them, because a wounded animal can be real dangerous.

Go Ponies!
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Re: HUGE weekend

Postby PonyFan » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:57 am

I'll be there, and I'm bringing some friends. Huge game for the Ponies.

Go SMU! Beat the Blue Jays!
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Return to Other Sports