PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Creighton game

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Creighton game

Postby Ikus » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:27 am

I'm still in shock - I can't figure out how SMU lost to Creighton last night. We outshot them badly (don't know the numbers, but we were in their end the whole night).

Actually, I do know how we lost: bad luck and bad officiating. Creighton's first goal was headed right to TJ Tomasso when it banged off an SMU defender and slipped into the net.

More than that, the officiating was terrible. I hate it when people blame a loss on officiating, but SMU had two obvious PKs when Ramon Nunez and Collin Clark were decked in the penalty box, and no calls were made. The ref was useless - he made no calls when things got really physical, then he blew the whistle when someone barely got touched.

I don't know if SMU still has a shot at the conference tournament or not. I think we do. Everyone come out Sunday to help the Ponies keep their season alive!
Ikus
Heisman

Return to Other Sports