PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men's tennis adds grad transfer Clarke Wilson from Furman

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Men's tennis adds grad transfer Clarke Wilson from Furman

Postby PonyPride » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:27 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Clarke Wilson Joins Men's Tennis Team After Graduation At Furman

DALLAS (SMU) - SMU head coach Grant Chen announced the addition of Clarke Wilson to the 2020-21 men's tennis roster as a graduate transfer from Furman University.

"I'm extremely excited to be a part of this established tennis program," said Wilson. "SMU will be a great fit for me to finish my college tennis career while I pursue a Masters of Finance. I am thrilled for this opportunity to work with Coaches Grant, Ben, and Grey over the next year as well as compete with the guys on the team. I am thankful for my time in undergrad at Furman University but am now looking forward to becoming a Mustang!"

Wilson played four seasons at Furman, where he led the Paladins to four-straight winning seasons. He as high as No. 37 in the ITA Doubles in 2017, and piled up 43 doubles wins across his career. On the singles side, Wilson finished with a 34-18 record for Furman. The team soared to a 17-5 record in the 2019 campaign, with Wilson playing line two singles.

"We are thrilled to welcome Clarke Wilson to the SMU tennis family. He will fit in seamlessly with the culture of our program and our players. He has tremendous playing experience playing very high during his four seasons at Furman for two terrific coaches and we look forward to seeing him here on The Hilltop. I have enjoyed getting to know his family and can't wait to get started."

During the 2020 season, Wilson won a singles match against No. 1 Florida in the first dual match of the season. He went 6-2 in the latest season while competing at lines one through three. Wilson and the Paladins went 10-5, winning 10 of their final 12 dual matches.

Hailing from Mississauga, Ontario, Wilson won the U18 Ontario Provincial Championships in his pre-collegiate career. Off the court, Wilson was a two-time Southern Conference All-Academic honoree, and made the Dean's list four times. He graduated from Furman with a degree in business administration.

Clarke joins a 2020 Mustang squad coming off an 11-5 season, including a win against defending American Athletic Conference champion USF during the shortened season.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports