PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Daily Campus

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Daily Campus

Postby SMUFan » Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:41 am

Did you see the story in the DC? In the secondary headline, they said the men's soccer team won the WAC title - interesting, seeing as how the WAC doesn't have men's soccer as a sport. Does that guy not know about the Missouri Valley Conference? Does he go to games? Best team on campus - get it right.
SMUFan
All-American

Re: Daily Campus

Postby EastStang » Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:57 am

I can see if he didn't go to the game, but it was on TV and they kept putting the words MVC on the screen over and over and over again. Even if he didn't watch it on TV, the press release from the Athletic Department said we won the MVC. Don't add that article to your clipping book, fella.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SmooPower » Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:55 am

Well, he got it right in the article, so I'm guessing he does realize that they play in the MVC and it was just a mistake, or an error on someone else's part.
SmooPower
Heisman

Postby SMUFan » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:27 am

Good point, SmooPower. I suppose it's likely some editor who's never even seen a soccer game wrote that -- in which case I owe an apology to Guy Bellaver. My apologies, Guy.

<small>[ 11-18-2003, 08:28 AM: Message edited by: SMUFan ]</small>
SMUFan
All-American

Return to Other Sports