PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Swimming Update

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Swimming Update

Postby Water Pony » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:07 pm

During a week when Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Teams were ranked #10 and #15 nationally for the first time in a long time (note: Many programs have been not able to hold meets so far, and as a result, can’t be ranked.), the programs have announced a new addition the Aquatic Center. They are planning on adding a second long course pool. This second 50 meter X 25 yard Olympic pool will be built outdoors, just south of the current complex.

With this combination of two (indoor and outdoor) long course pools, SMU will be unique with its swimming facilities. Recruits will be impressed and Dallas will be a magnet of large scale meets.

The coaches and the university are beginning the fund raising and claim to have half committed. Prior to the new Robson & Lindley Aquatics (Barr-McMillion Natatorium), the men’s and women’s program were in purgatory. Now, the future of the program is brighter with coaches Rhodenbaugh and Collins and a first class aquatic complex in which to train, compete and promote. Pony Up!
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Swimming Update

Postby DallasDiehard » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:49 pm

That's awesome. Hopefully it also will be a magnet to some top-level recruits.
Rise up, Mustang Nation!
Go SMU!
DallasDiehard
Heisman

Postby Water Pony » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:39 pm

DallasDiehard wrote:That's awesome. Hopefully it also will be a magnet to some top-level recruits.

Exactly!
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby ponyboy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:45 pm

Or maybe it will bring Water Pony out of retirement. That’s very exciting news. Guess they’ll take up some of the existing parking lot space.
ponyboy

Postby Water Pony » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:21 pm

You’re too kind Ponyboy. I’m afraid my times are being bested by the Women now. But, I would love to train in the new facility with this team and coach. BTW, I became a Golden Mustang (50 years since graduation) in 2018. It was fun to return to Moody for the repeat graduation ceremony.

Forever a Mustang!
Pony Up
Water Pony

Return to Other Sports