PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Olympic Sports

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Olympic Sports

Postby AusTxPony » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:18 pm

It would appear that SMU is heading in the right direction in many of the Olympic Sports: Equestrian, Volleyball, and the Men's Soccer, Golf, Swimming/Diving and Tennis teams A credit to Rick Hart and his coaches and their recruiting? And of course Football as well. Perhaps it's time to invest in Men's and Women's Basketball coaches. They seem to be the ones lagging behind...
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Re: Olympic Sports

Postby Water Pony » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:54 pm

AusTxPony wrote:It would appear that SMU is heading in the right direction in many of the Olympic Sports: Equestrian, Volleyball, and the Men's Soccer, Golf, Swimming/Diving and Tennis teams A credit to Rick Hart and his coaches and their recruiting? And of course Football as well. Perhaps it's time to invest in Men's and Women's Basketball coaches. They seem to be the ones lagging behind...

Thanks, AustinTXPony, for recognizing the performance and strength of our Olympic (Non-revenue) sports. As a swimmer, the sport was central to my four years on the Hilltop. The dedication and commitment to someone’s sport is invaluable and provides a greater appreciation for one’s college days. Most important are my teammates with whom you share the sacrifices and who remain friends along after graduation.

Basketball and, most importantly, Football are more important to the broader student body and alumni. I love the progress of both sports and want SMU to be nationally recognized. Pride in SMU and being a Mustang has gained recognition with many, who have forgotten our past.

Pony Up!
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports