PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Four SMU Swimmers To Compete At USA Olympic Swim Trials

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Four SMU Swimmers To Compete At USA Olympic Swim Trials

Postby PonyPride » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:19 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Four Mustangs Set To Compete At USA Olympic Swim Trials This Month

Four Mustangs from the SMU men's swimming and diving program are set to compete at the 2021 United States Olympic Trials in Omaha, Nebraska this month. The Wave I meet is scheduled for June 4-7, with Wave II of the Olympic Trials taking place from June 13-20. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year marks the first time that the United States Trials has been split into two meets.

Connor Dalbo and Brayden Rudd both qualified for Wave I. Rudd will compete in the 100 breast on Saturday, June 5. Rudd and Dalbo will both race in the 200 breast on Monday, June 7.

Caleb Rhodenbaugh and Colin Feehery both qualified for the Wave II. Rhodenbaugh and Feehery are scheduled to swim in the 100 breast on Wednesday, June 13. They both will hit the water again on June 16 in the 200 breast race. Feehery will have one more chance to advance in the 200 IM on June 17.

Wave 1 (June 4-7)
Brayden Rudd – 100 breast Saturday, June 5
Brayden Rudd - 200 breast Monday, June 7
Connor Dalbo – 200 breast Monday, June 7

Wave 2 (June 13-20)
Colin Feehery – 100 breast Sunday, June 13
Caleb Rhodenbaugh – 100 breast Sunday, June 13
Caleb Rhodenbaugh – 200 breast Wednesday, June 16
Colin Feehery – 200 breast Wednesday, June 16
Colin Feehery – 200 IM Thursday June 17

Depending on the event, there are roughly 30 athletes in each event during the Wave I competition, with the top-two finishers in each event granted qualification to the Wave II meet, where the U.S. squad for this summer's Olympic Games in Tokyo will be selected. Wave I will be held in a prelims-finals format, while Wave II will adopt the format used for the Olympic Games and past Trials, with prelims, semifinals and finals held for all events 200 meters and under. Events 400 meters and up will feature a prelims-finals setup.

This year marks the fourth consecutive time that Omaha has served as the host of the Trials, with the city debuting as host in 2008. For athletes in Wave I, the opportunity to compete in Omaha provides a taste of one of the most-demanding meets in the world, and will give two swimmers the chance to race against the best the United States has to offer in Wave II.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Four SMU Swimmers To Compete At USA Olympic Swim Trials

Postby Water Pony » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:56 am

Good luck in Omaha, Brayden Rudd, Connor Dalbo, Colin Feehery and Caleb Rhodenbaugh.

Memories and personal bests await you!

8)
Pony Up
Water Pony

Re: Four SMU Swimmers To Compete At USA Olympic Swim Trials

Postby Water Pony » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:56 am

Nice NBC-DFW interview with SMU Breaststroker, Caleb Rhodenbaugh, who is going to the "fast" Wave 2" Olympic Trials this week.

"For an Olympic athlete, the competition bar is often set at a young age. For Southern Methodist University swimmer Caleb Rhodenbaugh, that bar started rising even before he was born."

He has been swimming since he was two years old and then started year-round swimming in high school. His aspirations of going to the Olympics already in his blood.

“My aunt went to the Olympics in 1984,” Rhodenbaugh said.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/home ... t_DFWBrand
Pony Up
Water Pony

Return to Other Sports