PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Men’s Swimming And Diving Announces 2021-22 Additions

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PonyPride » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:50 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

DALLAS (SMU) – Head Coach Greg Rhodenbaugh has announced the addition of three student-athlete transfers to the men's swimming and diving program for the 2021-22 season.

The Mustangs are coming off their first conference championship since 2013 after winning the American Athletic Conference title.

The incoming class includes two Division I transfers and 11 incoming freshmen who were previously announced.

Cole Bruns | New Braunfels, Texas | Auburn / New Braunfels | Freestyle / Backstroke

At Auburn: Bruns Competed in the 50 free (20.18/39th), 100 free (43.92/35th) and 100 back (49.61/34th) in SEC competition… Swam lifetime bests in the 100 free (45.08) and 200 free (1:42.75) at the Wolfpack Invitational… Swam a lifetime-best 100 back (48.81) at the Auburn Invitational… Finished second in the 100 free at Georgia Tech and Gardner-Webb dual meets.

Prep: Competed under Doug Konomos at New Braunfels High School… Was a four-time letterwinner… Five-time school record holder… 2x NISCA All American… Grabbed 3rd in the 100 free at Texas State Championships in 2019… Finished 4th in the 50 free at Texas State Championships in 2019.

Personal: Son of Aaron Bruns and Lisa Heywood… A part of the Alamo Area Aquatic Association… Multiple time Junior National A and B Finalist.

I chose SMU because of the amazing opportunities that lie within the school, swim team, and job market in Dallas.

Robby King | Dallas, Texas | Utah / Highland Park | Freestyle / Backstroke

At Utah: CSCAA Scholar All-American… Pac-12 SALT (Student-Athlete Leadership Team) Representative… Pac-12 All-Academic… 5th-fastest 500 free time in Utah history (Pac-12 Championships) - 4:21.83… 7th-fastest 200 back time in Utah history (Pac-12 Championships) - 1:45.91… 10th-fastest 200 free time in Utah history (Pac-12 Championships) - 1:37.58… Made finals of 200 free, 500 free and 200 back at 2020 Pac-12 Championships… Made finals of 200 free, 500 free and 200 back at 2019 Pac-12 Championships.

Prep: High school team captain... 5A state champion... Swam under Jesse Cole and Mook Rhodebaugh... Winter junior qualifier... Received captain of the year award... Took seventh in the 200 free at State... Also took eighth in the 100 fly at state... Member of National Honor Society.

Personal: Son of Mimi and Kelly King… Has a twin brother, Tommy and two sisters, Morgan and Taylore.

I chose SMU not only because of the renowned swim program, but because of the phenomenal school. I grew up in Dallas during middle school and high school, so this has been home to me for quite some time. Prior to SMU, I competed at University of Utah, where I was fortunate to become much faster as a swimmer. So, coming back to Dallas as a more developed person and swimmer is going to be exciting, especially with a great team this year. I look forward to joining the Master's Program at the Cox School of Business and SMU Athletics. Let's Go!

Elijah Sohn | Aledo, Texas | Texas A&M / Aledo | Freestyle / Butterfly

At Texas A&M: Sohn swam season-best times in the 50 free (20.30), 200 free (1:36.56) and 200 fly (1:50.40) at the Art Adamson Invite… Registered a time of 1:50.40 in the 200 fly in his collegiate debut at the First Chance Invite.

Prep: Competed under Tiffany Williams at Aledo High School… Was a four-time letter winner… State Champion junior and senior season in 200 freestyle… Set eight school records in the 500 free, 200 free, 100 free, 50 free, 100 fly, 100 back, 100 breast and 200 IM.

Personal: Son of Coby and Terrence Sohn… Has three brothers, Daniel, Isaac, and Isaiah… Was a 2x state champion… 5A record holder in 200 free… 2019-2020 Texas Christian Athlete of the Year.

I chose SMU because the Lord called me to SMU and I am jumping out in faith. I am so excited for the journey.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Men’s Swimming And Diving Announces 2021-22 Additions

Postby Water Pony » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:35 pm

Delighted to see additional quality and depth being added the team via the Transfer Portal. This is different that FB, where lack of playing time is motivator for a player. In swimming, you deliver the "times" and you get to swim. The Men's Team will be improved and I beg the transfer will see personal bests at SMU, as Greg runs a very demanding program which drives improvement for those who dedicate themselves.
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports