PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

VB Head Coach Lisa Seifert Steps Down After 26 Seasons

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

VB Head Coach Lisa Seifert Steps Down After 26 Seasons

Postby Webmaster » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:56 am

All-Time Winningest Coach In SMU Athletics History Retires

DALLAS (SMU) – SMU volleyball head coach Lisa Seifert has announced her retirement after 27 years on the Hilltop. The only head coach in program history, Seifert has coached every season since the program's inaugural season in 1996 and retires with 441 wins on her resume, more than any other head coach in school history.

"I'm blessed beyond measure to have been able to pursue my passion for coaching volleyball for as long as I have. I will forever be grateful to SMU and those who have supported me both personally and professionally through this journey," said Seifert. "I cherish the relationships I have with so many alumni, as the student-athletes have always been my 'why.' My family and I are looking forward to the next chapter."

"Coach Seifert has left a lasting mark on SMU Athletics," said SMU Director of Athletics Rick Hart. "She built our program from the ground up and guided us to conference championships and NCAA Tournament berths while always representing SMU in a first-class manner. We are grateful for her contributions and wish her the best."

Her passion and influence stretched far beyond her student-athletes and could be felt by all those she encountered. On and off the court, her successes were proven. From high graduation rates to near perfect APR scores year after year, one of her top priorities was to set her student-athletes up for success in life.

On the court, she led the Mustangs to two conference championships, two NCAA Tournament berths and seven AVCA Academic Team Awards, while guiding SMU student-athletes to 11 All-America selections, 17 All-Region picks, 63 All-Conference honors, one Conference Player of the Year Award, six Conference Position Player of the Year Awards and 80 Academic All-Conference honors.

SMU will immediately begin a national search for a new leader for the program.
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Re: VB Head Coach Lisa Seifert Steps Down After 26 Seasons

Postby Water Pony » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:01 pm

Thank you from a grateful Pony Nation, Coach.

To create and build a program from scratch is no small accomplishment. You remind me of one the greatest coaches in SMU history, "Red" Barr, who created our nationally prominence swimming & diving men's team from its inception.

Well done!

8)
Pony Up
Water Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports