PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sasha Radovanovic Invited To Under 23 National Team Camp

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sasha Radovanovic Invited To Under 23 National Team Camp

Postby PonyPride » Tue May 24, 2022 7:51 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Sasha Radovanovic Earns Invitation To Under 23 National Team Selection Camp

DALLAS – SMU rowing coxswain Sasha Radovanovic earned an invitation to the 2022 Under 23 National Team Women's Sweep Selection Camp this summer from June 19 to July 10.

Athletes selected through the camp will represent the United States at the 2022 World Rowing Under 23 Championships July 25-30 in Varese, Italy.Radovanovic is one of 25 student-athletes selected to the women's sweep camp, among 65 total men and women training across four camps for a spot in Italy. She will join athletes from Brown, California, Duke, Michigan, Ohio State, Princeton, Rutgers, Stanford, Texas and Yale.

"I have been looking forward to this opportunity for as long as I can remember," the Newport Beach native said. "With the support of my amazing coaches and teammates, I was finally able to make it a reality."

"I am looking forward to being around people that share the same love for the sport that I do and to be inspired by all of these talented athletes."

The women's sweep camp will take place at the University of Virginia. Coached by Kevin Sauer, Asiya Mahmud, and Kelsie Chaudoin, the camp will select the women's eight and women's coxed four that will race in Varese.

Additionally, freshman Ellie Lewis earned a waitlist spot for the sweep camp.

In her third year with the Mustangs, Radovanovic has coxed the first varsity eight for the entire 2021-22 season, culminating with a second-straight sweep of the American Athletic Conference Championship and automatic qualification to the NCAA Championships, beginning this Friday in Sarasota, Fla. In her sophomore year, she led the second varsity eight to an AAC Championship win, then an eighth-place finish at SMU's first NCAA regatta, the highest for any AAC boat in history.

"After being a part of back-to-back conference wins, I know what it takes to succeed as an underdog. I am extremely excited to demonstrate my skills and have the chance to compete at such a high level."
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports