PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Another Mustang in the pros

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Another Mustang in the pros

Postby PonyPride » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:44 pm

From phxrisingfc.com:

Phoenix Rising Signs Midfielder Emil Cuello

February 2, 2023

Phoenix Rising FC has signed midfielder Emil Cuello, pending league and federation approval, the club announced today.

“I want to win a championship,” said Cuello. “My expectations are for all of us to come in everyday, work hard and believe we can achieve that. I want to enjoy this season and build good relationships with everyone here – the whole organization, my coaches, teammates and fans. I am grateful to be here. Ever since I came to the USL, [Phoenix] was one of the top clubs in the league. I have always liked the idea of coming to play here. I will give my everything for the team so we can achieve our goals and win a championship.”

Drafted 19th overall by the LA Galaxy in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft, Cuello, 26, made his professional debut on March 2 of that same year, starting and playing 60 minutes in a 2-1 win for LA against Chicago Fire. Cuello appeared in a total of 20 MLS matches for the Galaxy in 2019-20, recording one assist.

“We are very happy to have Emil with us,” said Rising Head Coach Juan Guerra. “He is a technically gifted player that will provide a lot of fluidity and tempo to our game. His hunger and character match the style we are establishing. He understands very well what we want to achieve this year.”

Cuello also gained experience in the USL Championship during his time with the Galaxy, appearing in six matches and scoring a goal for LA Galaxy II in 2019. He split time between San Antonio FC and Sacramento FC during the 2021 season, scoring three goals and five assists. Cuello appeared in 22 matches for Sacramento last season, scoring twice with two assists.

The move reunites Cuello with former SMU teammate Eddie Munjoma.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports