PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's tennis adds Great Britain NTA's Millie Skelton

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Women's tennis adds Great Britain NTA's Millie Skelton

Postby PonyPride » Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:23 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Women’s Tennis Signs Great Britain National Tennis Academy Player Millie Skelton

DALLAS (SMU) - Millie Skelton has signed with SMU women's tennis for the 2023-24 season, Head Coach Jeff Nevolo announced on Tuesday.

Skelton, hailing to the Hilltop from Great Britain, has a junior ITF ranking of 536 with a career-high ranking of 271. In singles, her World Tennis Number is 19.9 and in doubles it's 21.2.

"Millie's competitiveness really stood out to us in the recruiting process. She's a feisty competitor who loves competing for a team," Nevolo said. "When we had her on a visit she fit in really well with everyone and already felt like part of the team."

In doubles, Skelton boasted a 50% win rate in 2023 while playing for the Great Britain National Tennis Academy.

"I can't wait to start this new chapter in my life and to be able to develop my tennis even more at SMU," Skelton said. "From already meeting the girls and coaches, I already know it's going to be a great year and a great team."

SMU won the 2023 American Athletic Conference Championship and earned a bid to the NCAA Tournament. Entering the 2023-24 season, SMU is ranked fifth in the Texas Region by the ITA — along with Hadley Doyle and Taylor Johnson being ranked in the top 20 individually for the region.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports