PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women’s Tennis Signs Smith Stearns’ Caroline McGinley

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PonyPride » Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:06 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

DALLAS (SMU) - Caroline McGinley has signed with SMU women's tennis for the 2023-24 season, Head Coach Jeff Nevolo announced on Tuesday.

McGinley, coming to the Hilltop from New Jersey, is the No. 2 ranked player in all of her home state and was ranked in the national top 50 of 2023 recruits.

"We're so excited to have Caroline joining us on the Hilltop," Nevelo said. "Her academic and athletic accomplishments make her a great fit for our program. Throughout the process we were impressed by her tennis and the impact she has made on her coaches and fellow players."

McGinley, who is a five-star recruit, has posted a greater than 60% win rate in singles as well as a greater than 80% win rate in doubles over the past year in USTA 18U. She currently is ranked 26 nationally in girls 18U singles and 8 in doubles.

"I am thrilled to be joining the SMU women's tennis team, where I will be a part of an incredible team with an amazing coaching staff," McGinley said. "The combination of great tennis, high-level academics and a strong community will allow me to grow on and off the court."

SMU won the 2023 American Athletic Conference Championship and earned a bid to the NCAA Tournament. Entering the 2023-24 season, SMU is ranked fifth in the Texas Region by the ITA — along with Hadley Doyle and Taylor Johnson being ranked in the top 20 individually for the region.

SMU has previously announced the addition of Millie Skelton for the 2023-24 season.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports