PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Clothier Named AVCA Div. I National Player of the Week

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Clothier Named AVCA Div. I National Player of the Week

Postby PonyPride » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:12 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Emma Clothier Named AVCA/GameChanger Division I National Player of the Week

LEXINGTON, Ky. (SMU) — SMU graduate middle blocker Emma Clothier was named the American Volleyball Coaches Association Division I National Player of the Week, the organization announced on Tuesday.

Clothier is the first Mustang to receive National Player of the Week honors in program history. She was also announced as the American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Week on Monday after putting together an impressive week, tallying 42 kills in three victories, including three consecutive plus .500 hitting performances.

Clothier started the week tallying 12 kills on .800 hitting in SMU's sweep of Memphis in the conference opener. Clothier turned in a season-high 17 kills on .577 hitting while adding seven blocks and a pair of aces in SMU's first match against UTSA. She finished the weekend with 13 kills on .500 hitting and five blocks on Sunday in the Mustangs sweep of the Roadrunners.

Clothier has turned in .500 or better hitting performances six times this season and ranks first in the conference and 19th nationally in hitting efficiency.

UP NEXT
SMU hosts Wichita State on Friday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at noon in Moody Coliseum.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports